Answering Q#9 OF 306

Each situation may be unique - or may have some extenuating circumstances -
The specific application that related to this inquiry on this board was completed back in December / January - the tentative offer subsequently converted to a formal offer and an acceptance and employment starts in about 5 weeks.
To provide individual context - The issue(s) that prompted the questions was related to a “citation for a summary offense” (under age drinking / public intoxication) that was subsequently dismissed after of a plea of “Not-Guilty” and then completion of the Youth Diversionary Program. In this state a ‘summary offense’ is the lowest level of offense , it is not a misdemeanor, which is a more serious crime and absolutely not a felony. In this situation there was no incarceration, no detention, no ride in a squad car - no breathalyzer - simply a name and address taken - and sent on - and a citation arrived in the mail.

My inquiries on this board were initially a quest for clarity / or direction - a few different views were offered up - some suggested “error on the side of caution & over inform” - however, after reading and re-reading (many times) Form OF-306 … it was clear - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that OF-306 did not call for the disclosure of a citation for a ‘summary offense’ to which one plead not-guilty and which was dismissed. In fact, it became clear that one would have to seriously disregard the specific instructions of the form to insert this information.

Dani - I have no prior knowledge of your situation - and - no familiarity with the extended list of forms that one may encounter in the federal bureaucracy - I have come to understand that there may be forms that delve into details far beyond the level of the OF-306 … but it would seem odd that you would be directed to literally make a misrepresentation on OF-306 as some sort of makeshift means of linking to / redirecting to - something beyond the scope of OF-306.

I’ll defer to those more familiar with federal administrative procedure - maybe there is some sort of informal understanding that one can / should check “NO” and then go ahead and deviate from the instructions and insert information beyond the scope of the original question in the the space for item 16.

• much appreciation for the thoughtful and considered responses on this site.