Appealing a Suitability Denial

Happy to talk. Please provide a contact here and I will contact you offline.

Do you mind sharing what issue in your background caused that suitability denial? I am currently going through my BI for a TS with an arrest record from 15 years ago.

I was denied a public trust because of some non-misconduct related unemployment. It was excepted (DEA intel contractor) so I tried through DOHA and my hearing was denied. I submitted a complaint to the DOJ OIG because the determination was arbitrary / capricious and had no connection to 5 CFR 302.203. The OIG forwarded my complaint to the DEA Office of Professional Responsibility.

My point is that there are sometimes avenues for some sort of closure if your appeal is denied, but not restoration of a clearance / access. I chose to go that route for proof that the denial was unjustified.

yes, i suggest you go scream into a pillow, get that out of system, for its gonna be a long, annoying hair pulling process. what you need to do is file a foia/pa request to dcsa’s office for diss, adjudications. if you go to website for dcsa, it’ll list many emails for varied foia offices, so pick the right one . in your request ask for your jpas/diss record and full i.r. in it. that will give you all the details, who ratted you ot, narced, lied on you, destroyed your career, etc, when they filed it and stage its in. you need to advocate if u feel it was done w/malice. look up privacy act and section on expungements. also, read the book, The File, by penn kimball.