Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

T3 (DoD Secret)
Submitted SF86 in July 17
Interim denied July17
Credit Pulled Aug 17
Past Employers contacted Aug 17
Interview with NBIB investigator in 2nd week of March 18
2 References contacted in 1st week of April 18

Contacted OPM today (May 10th) and they said it is still in process.
Never had financial or law issues. Had dual-citizenship that i already renounced after interview with investigator in March '18.
Should I contact my investigator? (I only have her text #).
Should I contact my Congress Rep.?
Thank you

You still have probably 6 more monhs before you should start to get people involved. Its not even in adjudacation yet by your time line. Your timeline is normal.

1 Like

My BI was completed in January 2018 and I’m in adjudication since then. It’s been 4 months. I have had FSO and senator contact DoD. They tell them that an adjudicator is actively working on my case. This has been their response for last 2 months. I don’t know what’s going on. How much longer would be the wait time? This is for DoD Secret (T3) clearance for a defense contractor.

There is no answer to your question . . . Four months seems like a long time but there are many here who have waited much longer before hearing good, or bad, news. The simple fact is that every step of this process varies greatly in length of time from case to case.

Exactly, references being contacted in the last month and they expect to have an answer already. Seems the case is/was recently in investigative phase, still have a lot of time left.

Just got an update - that the agency can’t support further processing: Not a clearance denial but the job is no longer available. After waiting for almost 2 years.

Holy ■■■■■■■ ■■■■. It took over a year for them to even INTERVIEW you for a SECRET clearance? Jesus!

Man, that’s a huge, huge letdown. Just another reminder to everyone still processing that nothing is for sure, and don’t feel committed to anything until you have an EoD.

Do you mind sharing the agency?

That’s such BS. Unbelievably unfair. This is one of my greatest fears. So sorry. Do you mind sharing the agency with us?

Same thing happened to me. They told me they would continue the clearance though, and I could apply for a different position within the company or elsewhere. Are they going to continue to sponsor your clearance?

@WaitingForClearance I’ve been in adjudication for the same amount of time. Adjudication timelines seem very unpredictable, so I guess we just have to wait and see. Btw, I noticed in your original post that you requested a copy of your investigation. How long did it take to receive? Did they send a physical copy in the mail or via email?

It took 23 days and they sent it via secure email.

It took over a year for me to get an interview for a TS/SCI periodic re-investigation

I got another call from ANOTHER investigator about 2-3 weeks ago for contact information on the SSO back at a previous base. Can someone tell me where in the process I am? That makes two investigators calling me at least 3-4 months after my personal interview.

Biship76 - If investigators are calling you then you are still in “investigative” phase. Just because you had an interview doesn’t mean the investigation is over. I had many additional contacts after personal interview. No one can tell you for sure how much longer your investigation will take or how long adjudication will take. Just be patient and keep waiting like the rest of us.

You are still in investigation. The second investigator is probably working the area of your previous base in coordination with the first investigator. This is not unusual.

I can re-apply for another position - but need start all over :frowning:

How long does it normally take for an investigator to contact you for an interview? I’ve been waiting a little over 8 months and no interview request yet period. And this is only for a Secret!

It varies widely. I have seen it within weeks up to years. Mine took 22 months from submission to interview but I think I was in the biggest part of the backlog wave. It didn’t make the wait any nicer, but it is what it is.

There are many variables that affect it as Marko and others have mentioned elsewhere on the board. The complexity of your case might be an issue. Where you are located. Different offices that your case needs to be sent to. Other federal agency checks. Missing/incomplete info on the form. The list goes on and on.

You may not get interviewed at all . . .