Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

No movement. Also difficult to get to a human in HR now either via phone or email, maybe I’m being blackballed or slowly forgotten.

Same here. Voicemail always picks up and emails go unanswered. There’s no need for such ridiculous secrecy - we are all individuals with beating hearts and lives and careers put on hold. I find it all so incredibly discourteous and dehumanizing.

1 Like

I’m sure only adds time to the whole process: From BBC News- Rockwell Hansen: US arrests man for trying to spy for China

Crazy, I wonder what his background looked like. I saw two other cases linked to China as well.

I think he did more than try, he probably succeeded.

Hello all. I completed the eQIP questionnaire in April this year 2018, for a doe Q clearance, I had to correct a couple mistakes the next day, and haven’t heard anything from them since. Two coworkers started the same process at the same time, and have already had their interviews a month ago. So I tried to get back on the eQIP site to check on my account today, and it would not let me. At the top of the page, it says if you are using the original user name and are under a current investigation, that you cannot edit your eQIP.

So my question for the group is this: Has anyone had any success checking on their eQIP process?
I am going through the OPM for DOE Q clearance.
I held a Q clearance from 2003 through 2012, and have had clearances for nuclear plants since then, so I don’t think my background is the problem.

Thanks everybody

Once you have certified your application and released it to your agency, who in turn released it to the investigating agency to begin the investigation you can no longer change your application. Your FSO or security officer should be able to see whether it has begun.

Yeah I hope thats not the case for me. I’ve been waiting over a year and have not heard anything from an investigator.

Did you have any luck with the hotline?

All you find out from the hotline is whether your investigation is open-pending or closed. When it it closed, they have no clue once your case is transfer to agency for adjudication (in my case, DODCAF)

What did you send to your Congressman’s office exactly?

Most of the congressman/woman has a website, where you can send a request for “Help with a Federal Agency”. It usually listed as in Constituent’s Services section. Fill out the form, Describe your case and/or situation. Their office will get back to you and ask you to sign a Privacy Authorization Form (Privacy Act 1974), which you authorized them to check on your case status on your behalf. Their office will get in contact with you.

1 Like

Finally received my TS clearance after 1149 days!!!

eqip submitted - 4/15/15
interim secret granted - 7/7/15
background investigation completed - 10/28/2015
interrogatory received - 11/7/17
psych eval completed - 3/17/18
TS granted - 6/7/18

1 Like

Congrats! Have a very similar timeline minus the interim, interrogatory and psych eval. Still waiting :frowning:

Wow that is amazing, congratulations! Three years is a long wait.

Wow that’s awesome, very similar timeline to me but I have yet to be approved. There is hope!

I’ve been working under the interim clearance since July of 2015

Wow…I thought mine was long! congrats!

I just saw that my investigation is still open:

• Aug 2016: Submitted SF-86
  • Nov 2016: Investigation opened
  • Dec 2017: PSI
  • April-May 2018: Investigators contacted me for additional information; investigator interviewed my friend
  • June 2018: Investigation still open

Just notified this morning that my clearance at the TS level is complete. The adjudication phase only required 12 days (30 May 18, investigation closed, 11 June 18, clearance granted). There is hope. Seems like they have at least sped up the adjudication portion. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

1 Like

wow, that is awesome…