Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

That’s insanely fast, I’ve been waiting since March 2017.

1 Like

So lucky, been waiting about 6 months for mine now, though I know that’s not much.

1 Like

Very similar timeline to yours except my SF-86 was submitted the first week of April. Investigation opened in May and had interview with my investigator almost a month ago. Investigation is still open, however. Thanks for posting your timeline.

1 Like

You have got to be freakin kidding me. Wow.

Also interesting that your case went so fast even after being denied an interim.

1 Like

You may be very surprised to learn what “people who know you very well” may say when guaranteed anonymity!

I speak from experience.

2 Likes

This is my timeline for secret DoD clearance for industry.

Jan 2017 - e-Qip submitted
Apr 2017 - Credit check
Oct 2017 - Contacted Senator
Dec 2017 - Interview with investigator
Jan 2018 - Background investigation closed
Mar 2018 - Contacted Senator
Still waiting to be adjudicated (7.5 months). 22 months from CJO.

My employer and senator contacted DoDCAF. Their response is that they are not able to adjudicate and my investigation must go through additional reviews and they are not able to provide any timeline. I received copy of BI from NBIB and compared it with 13 adjudicative guidelines. Everything looks ok to me.

I also checked with DOHA and NBIB. My file is neither with them nor is my investigation reopened. DoDCAF said that if they need more information, they will contact me through my employer. So far, nobody has contacted me. I think my file is collecting dust… this is a brutal process and I’m running out of patience…

I have to be honest, while I don’t think any of them will have anything particularly bad to say, I am very curious to FOIA this all at the end and hopefully learn a little bit about myself. Sometimes it’s good to have the unvarnished truth, or an unvarnished perspective anyway.

1 Like

@WaitingForClearance I have a similar adjudication timeline, although my investigation was faster. I think we’re going to have to wait a long time based on what I’ve read on this website.

Is your position for industry or government?

Hang in there, I’m hopeful that before the end of this year we should see some movement.

@WaitingForClearance Industry, exactly the same as you.

@Llxxaaam TS requires a new investigation. You start all over. Ask your FSO, they can tell you if your investigation has finished or not.

Welp, I know I’ve posted here an okay amount the last few months but I’m proud to announce that my clearance finally went through! I figured I’d post my timeline so anyone dealing with the DoD may get some peace of mind via mine and others’ timelines, so here goes:

4th Week of August 2017 - Given Job Offer
1st Week of September 2017 - Submitted E-QIP
3rd Week of September 2017 - Fingerprints
November/December 2017 - Current job contacted for employment verification
Early June 2018 - Letter to congressman sent
Last Week of June 2018 - FINALLY contacted for a BI set for the first week of July
1st Week of July 2018 - BI conducted
3rd Week of July 2018 - All references contacted and interviewed
July 28th - Investigation ended
August 24th - Secret Clearance granted

I hope this information will be of use to you guys, and good luck on the long, long wait!

Here’s my situation for a DOD Secret
SF-86 submitted 7/14/2017
Finally met with the investigator on 4/9/18
Credit report pulled on 4/10/18
Texted the investigator back on 5/10/18 - no reply
Contacted the HR Rep at the company I accepted the position for in April, June and lastly August but she has not heard anything good or bad
Frustrated and thinking of contacting my Congressman… Thoughts on that??

I think at this point most would consider it acceptable to contact your congressman(woman).

Thanks Tim - I just faxed my Congressman and official request to look into this for me.

Did you apply as a contractor or government? Did your security officer ever say that you were in adjudication?

Non-contractor.

They don’t ever state whether you’re in adjudication to my knowledge, just the words ‘processing.’

Based on your comment about a recent FedSoup response for someone in a similar position, I can only guess as to which IC org you’re referring. If it’s the one that I’m thinking of, then the security contact can tell you when your packet is “with adjudication.” I suppose it depends on the security officer, however.

Newbie here:

I guess my process has been fairly quick:

• Submitted SF86 - Nov, 2017

• OPM Investigation Open - Dec, 2017

• Interview (One on One w/ Investigator) - Feb, 2018

• Granted Interim TS - March, 2018

• Last Subject Reference Interview - June, 2018

• TS Clearance Granted - August, 2018

… waiting on the SCI now (which I hear can take up to an additional 4 months)

1 Like

Similar situation with me. It took me 8 months to get cleared at the TS level from nothing. A detailed SF86, helps.

1 Like