CACI Month-end Crunch

Jerry Lewis telethons is exactly right! Lol

1 Like

Related to the topic - Upper management just proclaimed that CACI is still #1 (from the push at the end of Oct. - like, really? When did they meet with DCSA to crunch the numbers??). Yes, now that we are all “competing” with each other for work based on the ranking and doing cases all over the country, we are pitted against those that work off the clock.

1 Like

All CACI employees should go on strike and not compete against each other for these rankings. Tell CACI you won’t be judged for metrics and future work opportunities against those working off the clock. Unreal! What a crock of crap this industry has become. A total cesspool.

3 Likes

I agree. My section lead even admitted to me people work off the clock but they don’t do a darn thing about it.

2 Likes

It’s not just CACI FI that work off the clock. A majority of the high producing FI work off the clock at my employment. Crazy thing is the numbers some of them pull is astounding. If you calculate the SUs per hour they are completing, it doesn’t seem possible. The standard they are setting for the rest of the team is ridiculous.

3 Likes

At perspecta I’ve seen people on my team go from level 1 to level 5 within 6 months. Craziness. They were typically the type who were already retired from another job with kids all grown up and moved out, so they had all the time in the world. Even though I believe those kind of numbers would be very hard to hit given our geographical region and how far some work is spread out. (This was all pre covid so we were still doing in person).

There are definitely people who work off the clock to make themselves look good. In their eyes the bonuses and increased hourly wage are worth it, but they don’t consider how it affects the expectation of others.

4 Likes

I dont know about you guys, but I would not give any company a second of my time for free!

6 Likes

We have only been given a 1/2 point credit for sources for at least six months as well as the standard 1/2 point for records, so common sense would dictate numbers can’t be met. You would have to successfully set up interviews with, interview, type, etc. 50 people and/or records each week just to meet your numbers let alone exceed. In a standard 40 hour week it just can’t happen. Let’s face it, we don’t even have the workload to be able to come up with 50 people and/or records. Sure, there’s the subjects that give us more points, but unlike the good old days when you would have a few subjects to interview each week, some of us aren’t even getting one subject per month. This is total madness and every time we ask to have sources back to 1 point it falls on deaf ears.

4 Likes

For over 6 months investigators have been killing theirselves trying to make numbers when there is absolutely no down time…no drive time between interviews to reset your brain, no small talk with subjects/sources just to change up your day, and no vitamin D just to improve your mood…we are dying and the CEOs are rolling in the dough. There is no way they are going to tell us all to stop working so hard now that they are used to all this extra income. It is basically the equivalent of the CEOs saying that they are making too much money and we can all just slow down now. It isn’t going to happen. The WT are directly tied to revenue, not our sanity. And like you all, I have heard investigators say they are “going to make their numbers this month no matter what they have to do”…I don’t blame them when you have to fight for your job every month…one missed month and you are cut off from work and left filing for unemployment…right as the holidays are approaching. I hate that people work off the clock as it sets an impossible standard - one that nobody can make. If everyone just put in the honest 40 hour work week, then upper management would know what was truly obtainable. But the stakes are too high at this point and people are afraid of losing their jobs. With how fast work is being completed we don’t need all these investigators…we are all expendable.

Oh, and I haven’t heard anything about us still being #1…usually that takes up to a month of “calculating” numbers for that announcement to be made. I/my team was never told that the big push at the end of October was to keep our ranking…only that there was a revenue shortfall (how is that even possible with all the extra work we are all transmitting!!!). They need to just come out and be truthful about it all, but instead we get these all hands call where they read from scripts and offer no actual information.

All this coupled with the new guidance that came out that says I have to call the mayor of a town with a decommissioned police agency every time I get a law check in that city…just to confirm the agency is still decommissioned…

4 Likes

That guidance is something else. I will absolutely rage quit if I have to call my local uncooperative agency three times per week to ask if they’re still uncooperative.

2 Likes

Your tax $$$ at work…

Well all this CACI talk won’t be relevant soon! 80,000 cases left?

1 Like

that number applies to the CAF (adjudicator) cases not the fieldwork cases.

That training re: the new directives/methods for lawe coverage is a fantastic illustration by “leadership” of how much work is expected for us to do in a lawe check vs. the way in which we are compensated for doing such work. That was a three hour training. The sheer number of steps required to complete a simple law check far exceeds the amount we are given in weighted testimonies for completing the required work. So disgusting and unethical.

And, by the way…our manager told us earlier this week that CACI is behind for November. Also, there is very little work. I guess they can sleep at night knowing they are getting paid while we start the unemployment process again.

4 Likes

I knew we were in trouble when it started with a line about rarely needing to use a release. Yeah ok.

How can people go over their assigned 40 hours and not get paid for it?..how hard is it to report your overtime? its funny how they chose to not report their “time worked” but later they try to sue the companies for unpaid wages…how sad. if you cant successfully do your job within the time you are given, then this job might not be for you.

The people who work overtime without reporting it get paid through bigger bonuses since their stats look like they’re way way over their minimum production quota for the week if you they just claim 40 hours.

Lol what is this “bonus” you speak of? Unfamiliar with that word.

Only at perspecta who has been sued enough to know they have to compensate for extra work.