Hello there Investigators and peers!!!
I recently got a federal job, requires me to go through a Secret clearance process. I am a US born Citizen, but I have a “Overseas Citizen of India” card.
It is NOT a dual citizenship. India does not recognize dual citizenship and this OCI card is counted as a unlimited visa for travel. That was my intention with it, back in 2015 when I got it. I only used it once, along with my US passport to attend a wedding years ago. First time going through the clearance process.
I am 100% willing to turn-in/hand over to a security official/have the OCI destroyed ASAP, if needed.
- Would the OCI card be of any concern for my Interim? Or the full Clearance?
- Has anyone run into this issue before personally or during investigations?
- Investigators, do you see any issue here with the OCI card?
Here is some basic background about me:
- US Citizen (By Birth) - Only a US Citizen
- Age in the upper 20’s
- Clean Criminal Background
- Clean Financial History
- No foreign assets or accounts
- Only two family contacts in India with which I have only ANNUAL (sometimes never) phone contact with for birthday wishes. One in their 30’s and the other in their 70’s.
- Only traveled once with the OCI card, for a wedding. Also used the US passport!
- No plans on traveling over there anywhere in the future.
Please let me know any information and what I can put on the SF-86 that would help!
Thank you in advance!