Counting DAYS to help prevent INSANITY!

Well after a year of keeping track and hoping and waiting every day for that notice, it drove me crazy. It actually killed my spirit at times when it didn’t happen on my timetable. I think it is best to forget about it and go on with your life. Then when it does finally happen, it truly is a blessing and unexpected.

1 Like

I am glad you were able to get your clearance. How did they contact you for your interview? Did they call you or email you? I am curious because I am hoping they will interview me soon.

1 Like

KrazyK – I was contacted by phone. The investigator called and asked for a time when I was available to go over the SF86. I actually am going through this process for a second time, because it is with a different department of government. Each time I was contacted within two months to setup the interview. If you are going for a secret clearance, and you still have not been contacted for an interview, you may not need one. Some people applying for secret clearances to not need a personal interview, only if the case manager requests it. Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with. Like I said, my first clearance process started in 2015 and took 24 months to complete. After meeting with an investigator fairly quickly, I waited for 18+ months for a final decision.

1 Like

I’m at 26 months right now . SF86 was submitted 10/2015 for a TS.
Only thing happened since then was a Poly ( 9/2016 ) and SF86 review on 10/2017 “over the phone ” (which I never heard of before) and it took 3 hrs, that’s pretty much it. Very very frustrating! Feel free to chime in

1 Like

I think that you should have STARTED as a concerned tax payer but you probably don’t want to get me started there . . .

1 Like

This is how I got my secret clearance. Came out of the military and went to work for a security services company. A few months later the FSO said by the way you have a secret clearance.

1 Like

You contact your house rep or senator?

One thing I am doing to help me stay sane is cryptocurrency. I bought Litecoin when it was under 100 dollars.

No I didn’t. You think I’ll work? Especially with IC process?

I think just with the BI. It couldn’t hurt right? You could ask them about the IC part.

You’re absolutely right. It doesn’t hurt to try.

Finally, I got an email from an OPM investigator. The problem is she is from the DC area where my job will be. She had to transfer me to my home state. I am not sure when the local OPM investigator will contact me! I am so happy!

Seems like this is hardly an unusual situation. Do they just assume everyone who needs a clearance lives near DC?

It’s not that they assume everyone is from DC. The work location will be DC so it went there first. The same thing happened to me. My employer is in Maryland but my home and my work location are in NJ. My file was sent to Maryland first and had to be transferred to NJ.

In my case, the NJ office got on my file pretty quickly but it likely depends on how busy the office that gets your file is.

1 Like

But it sounds like the investigator expected to meet with the subject in DC and only after a phone call did they realize what was going on. I can’t recall this ever happening to me but it does seem to be a fairly common topic that people ask about, ie, subject interviews being assigned to investigators in the wrong area.

1 Like

What I have seen is that the first investigator who receives a file is in the work location. I guess the assumption is that people will be working where their company is. It seems like they should be sending these based on the address of the applicant, not the prospective employer but that doesn’t appear to the be the case.

You asked if they assume that everyone who needs a clearance lives near DC . . . I was pointing out that the employer was in DC which is why the file went there. Had the employer been in Austin, TX, the file likely would have gone there.

2 Likes

It seems that way. I asked her how long would it be to transfer me to the proper person…she said about two weeks! LOL hey whats 14 days compared waiting about 300 days.

1 Like

UPDATE: My senator’s office called me yesterday. The rep read me a letter stating that OPM will expedite the remaining of my BI/adjudication. I hope they are right! I am now sitting pretty at 299 days!

1 Like

Apparently my senators office called me and read a letter from OPM. OPM said they are going to expedite my clearance. Today marks 300. So how long did you wait for the adjudication process?

1 Like

33 months since eqip submit. Going for TS

1 Like