Denied Clerance

I think if you really want your clearance, get a lawyer. Edmunds law firm. They help me win my case. Good luck!

1 Like

BTW They care about arrests too. Let’s see you had activity in 2001, 2005, and 2015? Kinda sounds like a lifestyle that you have. The 2015 was the killer I bet. Until they everything was way on the past.

I’m no saint, but all my bad guy stuff was in just a few months and then I changed my ways.

WildnCrazy, the FBI should be informed as to an expungement, but they just add that to the list of events. Arrest, conviction, release, expungement, etc. They never close their eyes to anything that happened.

I wasn’t convicted until 2015; it was something way different from the 15 years gap in 2001 and 2005.

There is a pattern. Good luck.

A pattern is one thing. A lifestyle…another.

What were the chargers? No, you don’t have to list because of the 7 year thing BUT certain questions are have you ever? Alcohol, drugs, firearms and explosives are have you ever. But those issues with the drug issues are definitely a pattern and the reason for the denial.

While I empathize for your experience unfortunately it really seems like you you have a long list of criminal run ins. Honesty I have found as a clearance holder for many years is always the best method regardless of how bad it sounds. They will always find out. I had prior charges as a young adult but was honest from the very beginning of the process and even showed the BI proof and had references to back my story. You can’t assume that they won’t find out. From what I heard they take drug issues very seriously. At this point your best bet my just finding a job that doesn’t require a clearance or you may have had the opportunity to file an appeal. Good luck

A prescription (other than for marijuana) is not illegal use. However, you mentioned you were arrested in 2015 as well. That is much less than 15 years ago. I think that arrest, along with the past behavior from 15 plus years ago, paints a picture of the whole person that does not look favorable for a clearance.

Frankly, no one is entitled to a clearance, and not everyone will meet the required standards to be granted one. You probably would be better off seeking employment in the private sector for organizations that do not conduct business with the federal government.