Disconnected Email

@EdFarmerIII, I most certainly appreciate that. Thank you and I will let you know what’s going as soon as I find out.

The language in the email reads as though it’s NOT a denial— but to your point— I’m hesitate to believe it as of now. She does mention that I can reapply in a year.

(Is it even possible to get a denial if you’ve never had a subject interview and your references were never contacted?)

And I most certainly will reach out to you… that offer means a lot, Thank you!

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope it’s not a denial. Do you think this decision will impact your application to the other agency? Please keep on annoying us.

1 Like

@ele… I appreciate that. lol,

there won’t be much annoying going on for a while. I hope it’s not a denial either… but I’ll find out at some point.

Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t even know if I should be applying for future positions until I receive the reason why I was discontinued.

Sorry to read this, how long have you been waiting? Are you still waiting on another investigation?

1 Like

@ipsecmerlin, I appreciate that.

I’ve been waiting about 17 months since the submission of my SF-86, no subject interview or references contacted.

No, I’m not… unfortunately, I kinda put all my eggs into that one basket. Now, I’m hesitant to apply for other positions that require a security clearance.

1 Like

Sorry to hear it. Best luck going forward.

You may have posted but do you know what your “problem” area is, financial, arrest, foreign contacts?

1 Like

@fed-investigator… I appreciate that.

Honestly, I don’t know. It could be credit…I had issues in the past. I took care of all of that.

I’ve never been arrested as I’m a police officer… lol

And I don’t have any foreign contacts, I’ve only been out of the country once for my honeymoon and I didn’t make any friends while I was there. So maybe it could be something to do with finances… if I had to make an educated guess.

With that said, my credit report didn’t show any negative things and my credit score is in the high 700s.

Weird, with no real problems, I wonder what’s up. Could have the offer been rescinded because your case has been sitting with OPM?

Was this is a State Dept. or an IC agency that keeps their investigations in house.

1 Like

@fed-investigator, I honestly don’t know. I know that my first poly came back inconclusive… “passed” the second.

This particular IC agency is in MD, so yes, they handle their own BIs.

No subject interview and NO references contacted.

Got it. Out of my wheelhouse, we dont do polys and I dont know much about them.

It just sucks it took so long to get denied. I fee for you.

I applied to DEA three years ago. They made me go through an entire investigation even though I’ve had TS eligibility for years and we (OPM) do their background checks.

I transferred with my current job a year ago to AZ and bought a house three months ago. Last month, they offered me a position in CO but I just can’t relocate my family again so soon. I asked for one training class deferment (they do one or two a year) to see if a position would open up near me and they said no. Was really a gut punch. Three years waiting and hoping, down the drain.

1 Like

@fed-investigator, so I guess I have nothing to complain about… wow. That’s very unfortunate. I’m sorry.

In my limited knowledge of all this, I’m like 80% sure it’s NOT a clearance denial and just maybe a suitably thing. (I hope)… I just wish, I didn’t put all my eggs into this one basket and that it’s NOT a denial and that I can apply for other positions at other agencies.

I have to wait at least a couple of weeks for the letter they are going to send, just so I can respond to it to find out the issue was.

So we shall see…

1 Like

Fingers crossed it’s an easy (if there is such a thing) fix!

All eggs in one basket does indeed suck! Much luck in the future though!

1 Like

@fed-investigator… thank you!

1 Like

@Trey3 just wanted to say that I’m sorry to hear about this and hope things work out for you. It’s disappointing that this broken process eliminates good and dedicated people from serving our country.

Thank you for your service as a police officer, and please continue to keep us posted.

1 Like

Man, I’m so sorry. I’ve been following these threads since early July (my security forms submission) and finally created an account just now solely with the purpose to offer my condolences. Hoping you hear something fixable or contestable in the letter!

2 Likes

@Desk, wow. That means a lot and I appreciate that. Thank you!

And I certainly will.

@Waffles… welcome!!!

That’s unbelievable — I gotta say —I’m shocked that you would do that. And it means a lot. Thank you!

Good luck going forward… I wish you best!!!

It is possible to get a denial at any point in the process.
But I really think (and hope) it isn’t a denial… if she actually said you can reapply in a year and the email said so then it isn’t a denial. I know lots of people who have been getting those discontinuation emails, and letters from this particular agency. Not sure why, maybe they’re giving out too many offers or something :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

@Anon1… I really hope it’s NOT a denial. If so, that almost means I’m done with federal cleared jobs moving forward.

In the email she states: “In most such cases, candidates can be reconsidered for employment within a year of the closeout decision.“

:man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

They wouldn’t say that if it was a denial - most people who are discontinued can apply in a year. Some… well let’s just say i know some people who got discontinued and didn’t get told that they could even reapply.
But if it is a denial, you can always appeal it. It can be done.

2 Likes