Firings/"Eliminations" at CACI today

whereas I like the first one i had - for a whole two months. Then a different, never worked the field but lived in Loveland CO became our field manager and wiped out the 15 person, all experienced, investigator team in less than a year. I was the last one to jump - taking a huge pay cut to become a fed whereas most fled to CACI or one of the other contractors. KGS had to bring in newbies and outside transfers in attempt to backfill. To my knowledge, none of them lasted either.

Best choice i ever made - i’ve made up the lost income, better life/work balance, and much better treatment by my supervisors.

But, yes, your supervisor in this profession counts alot…

Agree with the fed agent. This isn’t the first time CACI has done this. They let go my SL a few years ago during a RIF. This is just a way of CACI of reducing costs by letting go the SL’s and asking the others left behind to carry more FI’s on their team.

1 Like

DCSA has been posting job openings so I’m thinking about it but the pay cut is very extreme. I’m talking more than $30,000 pay decrease. But we all know these contracting agencies are temporary, unstable. So with that said, the current pay is good for now but not for later.

If you don’t mind sharing, how long did it take you at DCSA to get back to what you were getting paid? (I believe DCSA starts at GG-7 which is approximately $50,000/year. Disheartening that they start tenured investigators at this rate! That’s college student pay!)

Your experience is similar to mine. I have been a contractor for 10 years now and make close to 100k a year now (level 6 salary plus quarterly bonuses + mileage). I was previously offered an investigator position with DCSA but it was around 50k. I was told it would take close another 10 years as a fed to make 100k. Needless to say, I passed on becoming a fed.

At about four years i made up the lost wages, but I also heavily invested in my TSP as a contractor (and now a fed) so i just put less into my TSP for three years. The life/work balance is much better, SACs leave you alone as long as you are producing, you can actually use your PTO when you want to include summer and holidays, and you will be earning a pension. You will also find a lot of “you have to do this because DCSA requires it” to be BS from the contracting companies.

I had offers to join the Feds before i finally jumped and now kick myself for waiting. The initial pay cut was worth it.

You might be able to join as a GS9 - you will have to pass a test and meet the GS9 standards but DCSA finally caved and are letting contractors come in at the next level. Sadly, the rules are supposed to let us join at the appropriate level we held as contractors but from what i was told - too many contractors came over at the higher level and just couldn’t do the work.

2 Likes

Good to know! Yes I’ve heard the life balance as a fed is extremely worth the initial pay cut. And the reporting over there is minimal as it’s focused on adjudicative criteria vs having to report why the cell phone number is the same as the home number and how on earth did the Subject attend school while maintaining a job. Plus the job stability, can’t beat that! Contract rebid time is always so damn stressful and I’m over it.

Are you familiar with the highest investigator level expected metrics in WTPD?

For Feds or contractors?

The fed is approximately 23 (varies a little by area) and we allow admin and training time.

The focus report writing is how the ROIs are supposed to be written. This is another area where the contracting company execs try to “out do” the Feds on their own.

For feds. 23 per week is very reasonable and doable. Yup, contractors have so many made up, in-house metrics and requirements. It’s a wonder why DCSA even bothers with contracting agencies… thanks for the info!

So, reviewers were sent back in the field too?!?! Has anyone else heard this? None of this is making sense….

1 Like

Huh. I haven’t heard this yet. Interested to know if this is true.

Yes, I’ve heard this too. Talked with a Reviewer this week, she said she was assigned for a temporary assignment to the field working remote case items. She was one of many assigned but didn’t say how many reviewers were moved over. Nor did I ask.

I am surprised that is even “allowed” (reviews working cases as investigators) even remotely. I was told previously that reviewers can’t even call Subjects or Sources because they are not credentialed investigators by DSCA.

3 Likes

Major oof. Caci just needs to go.

1 Like

I did hear it was 20 SL and 20 reviewers put back into the field . And no one on my team likes the new SL.

Confirmed. All the scuttlebutt about SLs and Reviewers is in-fact true.

Reviewer who is switching to the field here!
Providing my insight, from as far as I know:
Some reviewers will be completing a “record detail” that will last about 3 months (for now, who knows that could change). We will only be obtaining records, however-some reviewers who have experience and/or are comfortable with conducting telephonic Source interviews will also be doing so. Every reviewer who is doing this has received/will receive credentials.

3 Likes

Thanks for providing insight! I wonder how that will change now since as of today DCSA announced no more Source Interviews by phone unless due to rare circumstances?

2 Likes

That announcement came down as of 01/17/2023? CACI hasn’t forwarded that info to the field - yet. In fact a lot of SL’s are encouraging sources by phone due to the new metrics upper management decided on so they (upper management) can line their pockets with more money.

By the way, has anyone at CACI received a bonus in any of the years they’ve worked for the company? (Not merit increase)

1 Like

Working as a fed for work/life balance is where it’s at from what I’ve been told. If you want the salary but shaky ground, take the contractor route. If you want longevity with solid career potential and will make up the pay loss, go fed.

2 Likes

There was a quarterly bonus program prior to COVID. It was terminated in the last week of the performance quarter AFTER we put in the work to exceed our metrics.

1 Like