# Got job offer, in process of getting Top Secret clearance

**URL:** <https://discuss.clearancejobsblog.com/t/got-job-offer-in-process-of-getting-top-secret-clearance/15742>\
**Category:** SECURITY CLEARANCE Q&A\
**Created:** [January 30, 2023, 5:30pm UTC](https://discuss.clearancejobsblog.com/t/got-job-offer-in-process-of-getting-top-secret-clearance/15742 "2023-01-30T17:30:19Z")\
**Posts on this page:** 2\
**Page:** 1

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![alberto.erick](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/a/d9b06d/32.png) [@alberto.erick](https://discuss.clearancejobsblog.com/u/alberto.erick)\
**Post date:** [January 30, 2023, 5:30pm UTC](https://discuss.clearancejobsblog.com/t/got-job-offer-in-process-of-getting-top-secret-clearance/15742/1 "2023-01-30T17:30:19Z")

</div>

Hello,  
I got a new job that doesn’t require me to get a clearance and been with the company for a month now. I finally got a job offer that I won’t be able to start until 2024 because I will have to get my top secret clearance and I told the company that will be sponsor my clearance that I started the new job. As I am still waiting for my clearance to go through, I’m not really enjoying this new job and been on a search hunt for a better company. Now I have a job offer with CGI that will offer a DoD security clearance and the start date depends on the clearance but I will be able to get interm clearance and more money but I know the contract is up until June for this company but will that hurt me as I am getting a top secret clearance for this other job? Should I just wait?

---

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![sbusquirrel](https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/flex016/user_avatar/discuss.clearancejobsblog.com/sbusquirrel/32/34_2.png) [@sbusquirrel](https://discuss.clearancejobsblog.com/u/sbusquirrel)\
**Post date:** [January 30, 2023, 9:03pm UTC](https://discuss.clearancejobsblog.com/t/got-job-offer-in-process-of-getting-top-secret-clearance/15742/2 "2023-01-30T21:03:25Z")

</div>

If there is an open investigation for the TS clearance, the new company may not be able to initiate a second investigation. As a result you would need to wait until the first one completes.

At least that is typically the case, there are always exceptions.
