My timeline for clearance

Somehow I start thinking it got something to do with the regional backlogs and the number of intevestigators available in that regions. Maybe some investigator can charm in here?!

i.e. some of my friends are in the West Coast (CA, OR, WA) are waiting like 12months+ without an subject interview. I live in a military town in East Coast of the Carolinas, and my investigator was talking about the backlogs and somehow mine got pushed forward after transferred from the Midwest and I got the subject interview before my friend did in CA.

Same T3, Also DoD Contractor.

That might be the reason.

This doesn’t sound like Secret unless they changed the rules? Most people I know didn’t have an investigator interview them let alone having the investigator meet with references/employers. Sounds like an SSBI.

Secret clearances always had a Subject interview when there were “items of interest” (aka issues).They were called SPINs. Now days it seems everyone applying for security clearances has issues - financial, foreign contact, employment write ups, arrests, etc.

I was given a paper to sign and it says that my category is III for a linguist position which requires Top Secret/SCI but when I talked to my recruiter she told me that first I have to be in a category II which requires Secret and then it will be upgrade to category III but first I have to get a Secret to deploy so I dont know.

I never had any issues. My payments are on time and I have no criminal history at all. No drugs or anything like that. Investigator barely mention my foreign contacts. He was only asking casual questions.

If you had a Subject interview for a T3 - there were issues.

You might be right but when I was doing my pre processing recruiter told me that I will be contacted by OPM for Subject interview.

Then you had issues your recruiter knew about.

1 Like

Thank you for information sir.

@backgdinvestigator I talked to my recruiter today and she told me that it was an SBBI so it’s a mandatory requirement for an SBBI user to have an interview. Is it true?

@Marko I called OPM today again and I was told that my investigation has been sent to the requested agency om 27th February, does that mean I am in adjudication? Thanks in advance.

Yes, OPM sends the closed report of investigation electronically to the requesting Agency who puts it in a queue for adjudication.

1 Like

Your case should be a Tier 5, SSBIs were phased out by the Tier 5 (but your recruiter may not know this). All Tier 5 investigations require a Subject interview.

1 Like

Similar timeline. Sent Equip late Dec.2017. Subject interview was Mid January. And received favorable for T5 today!

@Rack So you got TS/SCI in 3 months? How long were in investigation? And how long were you in adjudication? The reason I am asking because my investigation was opened and closed pretty quickly like under 3 months and now it’s in adjudication. Thanks for putting your timeline.

Whoa, so fast Rack - did you have a poly as well?

1 Like

I’m guessing you have had your clearance in the past, and this wasn’t your initial investigation for T5. Is it correct?

I had some of my friend got his timeline shrunk significantly because he doesn’t travel and stay clean the whole time even though his TS/SCI expired about 10 years ago.

Nevertheless, your case gives people hope that the wagon is slightly moving :slight_smile:

How long did you wait before you called. I’ve been waiting since 1/19 but am starting to get a little antsy. I’m also afraid that calling the hotline might make me seem too eager.

I waited for about 2 weeks.