Poly QA/Adjudication

amberbunny–just to MAKE sure: you’re talking 18 months in adjudication?? My FSO told me 12-15 months in adjudication so it would make sense.

@iconism If you are long distance it is 2 days. You get there day before appointment and then take a bus next morning to get there. If you have to do a 2nd poly, you would have to make arrangements through travel agency for another night and come back next day for the poly.

2 Likes

@hawk911, is correct.

1 Like

Bishop, I certainly have seen folks sit for 15 months in adjudication. I have one now in for 9 months. Doesn’t necessarily mean a denial is coming. But likely implies complexity of a matter.

Apparently complexity is my middle name! I’m pretty sure someone looked at my package/investigation and said “Nope–I’m not dealing with this right now.”

That truly does happen and if an FSO isn’t agitating for your package…it slips further and further to the corner of that desk. Human nature. I did just now check on my person stuck 9 months, apparently they cleared a few weeks back and we were never told.

1 Like

@amberbunny wow that’s crazy, so that 9 months person is just waiting and come to find out they are already cleared

2 Likes

Sadly it happens frequently. Literally just got my “standard” notification note on a person who I accidentally came across when I check on others. The approval note came 2 months after she was already approved. I can only assume there are numerous hands touching the approval and if one is out sick or on vacay…the next person assumes it was sent…Having over 400 now on my clearance roster it isn’t easy to simply see a name pop up.

2 Likes

Wow, @amberbunny… that’s disheartening to say the least.

1 Like

This is why you need an FSO with the right mix of pushing, aggressive, but know when to fade and not irritate. I step across that line from time to time, as I also do in this forum at times. It is both art and science…know when to hold em…fold em…

2 Likes

For a new fed in the process, are we assigned FSO’s, and allowed to contact them? I’ve seen a lot of advice given where it just says “let your FSO know” or “contact your FSO”, but I personally only have ever talked to a scheduler, my recruiter and my investigator who is contracted. So I don’t have an FSO that I know of, let alone contact info.

2 Likes

The person you submitted the SF86 to is the FSO or Security Manager or on their staff.

1 Like

My SF86 was through an online portal, and that is where it submitted through. It was not via email/mail or anything.

1 Like

That adds complexity. Is it a government position or contract?

Governemnt. I just re-read the email from a year ago, and it was SF86 through e-QIP. As for POC info, it just lists the ICHires helpline

2 Likes

@Batdog123 My same concern, I want to contact FSO, but have no clue who that is or how. I just asked about this same thing on another forum. The SF86 initial email as you said just has the ICHires info.

1 Like

@Batdog123, @amberbunny and @Rkf4ever… same here. I submitted online and still had to mail in a hard copy. (Government)… I was contacted a week or two after submission for one piece of missing information.

All my recruiter can tell me is NOTHING as I am still processing— that whole privacy act thing…lol.

Slowly coming up on 365 business days since submitting it.

1 Like

@Batdog123, @Trey3…someone on the other site just told me that the FSO is for contractors, not direct hires. @amberbunny is this the case?

Security Manager is a term contract companies use as well. FSO or Facility Security Officer is also used. SOme swear it isn’t interchangeable or used to describe both sides but I see it all the time. Normally an FSO will be well versed in JPASS. But, they may also access the various other programs such as Scattered Castles if their cleared positions reside in that world. I started in JPASS many years earlier at its inception I believe, but the many changes along the way, and fact my client doesn’t use it, I would be lost in JPASS. I see them as absolutely the same: the person submitting your clearance paperwork, providing initial and ongoing training, reinvestigations, adverse reporting, foreign travel, contacts etc. If you are directly applying for a federal agency to be a federal employee…there are various ways to refer to the “Security Office.” Personnel Security, Info Security, Clearance office, Clearance Division, etc.

2 Likes

@amberbunny… so I did my every two month check in with my recruiter. As I had them on the phone, I could hear keys be stricken in the background as they were “checking the system…”. What was exactly being checked?