PR for Secret but have a bench warrant

Hello all, It is time for my PR yet I have a bench warrant for traffic violations that i still have yet to take care of (nasty divorce) what are my chances of denial/what do I need to do (besides take care of it) in order to keep my clearance?

Self reporting is a given. You are going to be looked on very unfavorably with an arrest warrant pending. It is best to resolve this as a quickly as possible. No one can say for certain that you will / will not be renewed however the bench warrant will weigh heavily in the decision.

1 Like

Get it resolved . . . I received my initial clearance even though there were several bench warrants discovered during my BI. The difference is that I didn’t know about before they were unearthed by my investigator AND I resolved them within a few days of being informed. They were a non-issue at adjudication.

1 Like

What does the divorce have to do with the traffic infraction? Simply go to their webpage, pay the fine and penalty or request a court date if you have an otherwise excellent track record and request mercy. You taking care of it and then informing the BI person about it as a closed matter is a world apart from an active arrest warrant.

Bench warrants have an impact on your adjudication. Nasty divorce is not a valid reason in any court or adjudicator’s desk.

1 Like