Suggestions for the Background Investigation process

It would be nice if they would be more honest with us about our job situation, but I guess honesty would be asking too much.

Level of honesty as follows: “We need full timers on reduced hours due to Covid.” Then they turn around and hire a bunch of part-timers guaranteeing them 20 hours a week while full timers are still on reduced hours “due to covid.” And yet they supposedly still don’t know what’s going on. That’s the level of honesty you’re dealing with. Don’t get me started…too late.

1 Like

So once they are done contacting employers, references, and anyone else and the investigator writes your report they submit it to the interviewing Investigator? After the interview they will pass the report off to the adjudicators?

I have heard all kinds of horror stories about adjudication, if nothing is wrong with the report and nothing really needs to be re-opened you could expect to hear back within a couple weeks, if the adjudicator has questions or needs more clarity it could be months, is this correct?

The investigators, reviewers, security techs, all build the report for the adjudicator. It is rare for an investigator to see all of the reports and records.

The investigation case is turned over to the requesting agency’s adjudicators who make the decision. The few adjudicators i’ve met - OPM and DoD - were good people.

People tend to make their nightmares.

1 Like