Told to leave the contract- What happened?

Greetings. I am an industrial contractor on a contract that requires a TS/SCI with a FS clearance.

My periodic reinvestigation kicked off in 2018.

In 2020, I had a woman I dated 5 times file a restraining order against me making false allegations of phone stalking. I reported this to my FSO.

In February 2021, I tried to apply for a new job with a different contract and my clearance would not transfer. When I called my FSO they said that it was because the clearance division was awaiting a “favorable outcome of my court case.”

In March 2021, I went to court and the court had no findings against me but I still agreed to a 30 day no contact order because I thought this woman would continue to make false allegations against me and use the court system to try to harm me. I told this to the FSO and provided them with the original court document which states the court has no findings against me.

In June 2021, I was at home and received a phone call from my employer telling me to turn in my badge and that I was not to report to work at the client site.

It is now July, and I was told by my contracting company that my clearance, to their knowledge, is still active and I am eligible to apply for other jobs.

However, unofficial word at the client site is “I am no longer welcomed in the building.”

It has been well over 30 days, I am trying to find other work in the industry, but no one single person has told me what exactly happened for instance “is there some red flag in my security clearance file now?” “what happened with my periodic reinvestigation?” " Is it still ongoing?" " if they denied my clearance, why am I not getting an SOR or LOI after 30 days?"

I’ve spoken with a few clearance attorneys in the Northern Virginia/ Metro area but none of them have been able to tell me what they think is going on, their answer has been mostly “let’s wait and see.”

Can anyone with experience please tell me what might be going on here?

Thank you all and God bless.

Well, if her allegations were true, it’d be easy to prove (excessive calling, texting, etc). If they were false, it’d be equally easy to prove. Courts don’t just throw around no-contact orders based on allegations. You need that little thing called evidence…

A no-contact order requires criminal charges to be filed by the court, so they can’t both file and not file charges against you…

And? You were officially told not to return, so why does this even matter?

Why are you asking the internet and other people, who don’t have access to DISS/ SC, what the status of your clearance is? All you’re going to get is speculation, obviously. But it’s also obvious that you know the reason you got axed, so no idea why you’re even here.

الله يبارك

1 Like

It would not surprise me if there has been no access to the court records regarding your case. Courts across the country have slowed down, shut their doors, and/or stopped providing public access to court records due to COVID. Without a record of the outcome of your case, you may just be in an adjuticative limbo until the case is resolved and able to be reported.

There are many types of no contact orders and many can be filed with the court quite frivolously and with no hard evidence or proof. Many use these orders as a vindictive method against their spouse in contentious divorces with children.

2 Likes

You have no idea what you are talking, just an allegation of domestic violence institutes a no-contact order without any evidence. So there goes your logic.

1 Like

بارك الله فيك شكرا على المساعدة.

So to clear up the restraining order thing. No charges were ever involved. This woman was also a foreign national (and I reported our relationship in the beginning). She went to a DC magistrate and said I was harassing her (her motivation behind it was I ditched her on a date… really). The cops came to my house and gave me the order- I agreed to a 30 day no-contact order, it was called a “consent without admission” basically there was no court hearing, we both went virtually in front of the magistrate and I simply agreed to the no contact order but did not agree to the fact that she said I was harassing her. So the judge ordered me to not contact her for 30 days with essentially no reason behind it and in the official court “ruling” if you will, there were no indications of wrongdoing on my part. So when all of this happened, including when the cops came to my house, I provided all copies of court records, including a memorandum I drafted myself with the help of my government boss and FSO detailing the cop visit and everything was sent to my adjudicator in the clearance division. The 30 day period for the order is done and over with as of last year and I wanted and still want nothing to do with this woman, I have no contact with her whatsoever and I was even planning to marry my current fiance… however, I was told, almost months after this happened, to leave the building

One thing I have learned in life is there is always 3 sides to a story, your side, their side, and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

Obviously you did something or were accused of something serious that in your view is not serious. The company would not terminate you for nothing.

Contractors can be separated for any reason, especially those under at-will employment agreements.

True. But the company will lose money if the seat isn’t filled. Unless there is a cleared backfill, it is not a profitable decision.

If the government tells the company that an employee can no longer work in their spaces, there is nothing the company can do. Some of these firms have 100% of their staff on-site at the customer facility except for a small handful of admin staff.

2 Likes

Yep. It’s a numbers game.

This is an excerpt from one of my articles at ClearanceJobs:
“There have been and continue to be cases where people are denied due process by Government security officials who control building passes. This was mentioned in a 2014 DoD Inspector General report (DODIG-2014-060). It usually affects only cleared contractor employees who need access to a Government building to do the job they were hired for. Denying a contractor employee a building pass effectively prevents them from accessing classified information and doing their job, and it usually results in them losing their job. The denial of a building pass can also affect a cleared federal employee specifically hired to work on a joint project in a building controlled by another federal agency. The federal agency that controls access to the building can refuse to issue the employee of the other agency a building pass because it doesn’t like something in the employee’s background that didn’t result in clearance denial. There are no Government-wide rules requiring agencies to give people the right to appeal the denial of a building pass. When there’s a security concern (even one that’s been favorably adjudicated), it’s much less cumbersome and expensive to simply deny a person a building pass than to go through the multi-step process for denying or revoking a security clearance.”

The article was written in 2020 but I’ve encountered people more recently who have had this happen to them, so the IG report apparently did little to solve the problem. The IG report is posted at https://media.defense.gov/2014/Apr/14/2001713354/-1/-1/1/DODIG-2014-060.pdf. The relevant part starts at the bottom of page 24.

Access SHOULD be denied until it is resolved.

I’m pretty sure that only about 8% of all Incident Reports containing a “security concern” submitted to DCSA (formerly DSS) by FSOs result in clearance suspension. At least with Incident Reports the individual can easily find out what’s in the report via a Privacy Act request. It’s the lack of transparency and procedural due process concerning building pass revocation that is disturbing.

1 Like

Even 1% is worth it.