Updated SF-86 Targeted for Release in July

As I work in a polygraph mandatory environment, 4 in 6.5 years…it is an easy question for me: real, known, continuing, and yes social media contacts, foreign pages I’ve “liked” or the Bull Terrier community I participate with online in FB (big breed in Europe apparently) must be reported. Defining affection in a polygraph is easy. “Do you not have affection for a friend or acquaintance? Why would you contact one you do not like or have affection for?” Trust me they can and do get in your do loop faster than one can imagine. Once you start tripping over definitions and quibbling…you are in for a miserable 5 hour ride strapped to multiple measurement devices. Now, for those not requiring Poly…I agree it is FAR too easy to rationalize away contacts. Having a foreign housekeeper who tends to your home while you are away from a job agency is not reportable. If you are home when they clean…it is reportable. You have “contact.” Over report instead of under-report and your poly’s still stink. But in your heart you know you are squeaky clean.