Contractor Overcomes 6 DUIs and Illegal Drug Use to Get Clearance Eligibility

Originally published at: https://www.clearancejobsblog.com/contractor-overcomes-6-duis-and-illegal-drug-use-to-get-clearance-eligibility/

It would not be a stretch of the imagination to think a security clearance applicant with six DUIs, illegal drug use, a violation of a protective order, other criminal charges, and a lack of candor on government forms would be denied eligibility for access to classified information, right? That is exactly what the local security…

1 Like

Like I have always said, these investigations and judges just want to hurt financially strapped people. Not criminals like this one.

1 Like

For God’s sake stop . . . We have plenty of people here who have successfully navigated SERIOUS financial issues and been cleared.

What this actually shows is that presentation and time work in our favor. The DUIs and drug use were six years old and the presentation of migrating factors from the AG are extremely important in ANY appeal.

1 Like

Was this guy represented by counsel?

Yes would love to know who he worked with to prepare and present this appeal. Assume he was out of work for a certain amount of time, or allowed to work uncleared during the process?

With issues that serious, he would have been wise to retain counsel.

1 Like

That…is an odd response.

Wow. Thats quite amazing to read. So does this mean my one piece of medical debt of 566 bucks shouldn’t be an issue if everything else is clean? (Secret) I submitted the payment for it when i realized it was on my report.

We don’t need someone clearing with six DUIs to tell you that one, paid off, medical debt isn’t going to stop you from clearing . . .

Wow this was surprising. Granted the activities are in the past but they are consistent. Anyone wanna bet on a 7th DUI? And those are only the times he got caught.

I’m no angel. I answered YES to some of the “Have you ever” questions. But I don’t make a mistake more than once. I’d think you would learn your lesson after feeling handcuffs on your wrist just one time.

I hope in this case the judge is right.