History of Drunk Driving Leads to Security Clearance Denial

Originally published at: History of Drunk Driving Leads to Security Clearance Denial | ClearanceJobs Blog

Having been in the military myself, I know it takes quite a bit to get kicked out for misconduct. Commanders give their troops every available option to rehabilitate behavioral issues before resorting to discharge proceedings. A DoD contractor security clearance applicant, also former marine, was denied eligibility for a clearance based on conduct that led…

I have to disagree with your statement “commanders give their troops every available option to rehabilitate behavioral issues before resorting to discharge proceedings”. As someone with 40 years of intimate experience with all 4 out of the 5 military branches I can say that varies widely from service to service and decade to decade. I have found the Air Force to be a very “zero defect mentality” and the Army to be on the other end of the spectrum, with the Navy and Marines in between. I sense the Space Force to be evolving into even more “zero defect” than the Air Force.

Number one is obviously Space Force. Which are the other three?

I don’t know very much about Space Force. I don’t see how anyone can know much about it as young as it is. It seems to be a bit of a shoot off of the air force, with some of the same mentality.

I’ve found that there is much, much less tolerance for any type of misconduct when committed by an officer, regardless of which service is involved.