Perspecta Rumor

Agree with you guys. Now ISN has failed and only has less than ten full-time investigator! But I absolutely agree with the whole CE thing.

In regards to Perspecta, is this why they are hiring 1099’s?

GDIT failed due to the massive hiring push started in late 2017. Some investigators caused quality issues and many figured out loopholes to avoid working, and their lack of production and quality were never really addressed until it was too late.

The ISN debacle just added fuel to the already growing inferno. Once the contract was deemed unable to be salvaged, upper management decided to dismantle it.

Those quality issues were a result of GDIT’s lackluster training program. Let’s also be pragmatic in that there are a myriad of ways production can be inhibited, some of which is not the investigator’s fault.

1 Like

I definitely am not blaming most of the investigators. Some of them did discover a loophole to avoid working, which did impact overall production.

What was this loophole?

Yes, what was the loophole? I am also a contract investigator and the whole system is so Web 0.5 I don’t understand how a “loophole” could be exploited. I complete an item. I get paid for that item. Next. Unless you’re talking about a “loophole” that is really an integrity issue like faking fieldwork, which would land the investigator in federal prison.

It had to do with charge codes and no one catching on.

Ah. Interesting. Thanks. Sounds like a good way to get rich quick and get sued by my employer and accused of fraud. At best.

1 Like

I agree. I can’t believe it went on for a while before someone caught on.

A post from The Layoff explains it pretty well:

“At the end of the day, there is plenty of blame to go around for everybody. From the beginning we had far too many experienced field staff that took advantage of the lack of consequences for poor production and enjoyed their paid vacations. Throw in an understaffed Training Dept that was not capable of meeting the 150 Plan requirements, combined with a serious lack of communication between the PMO and Executive Managers, and you have a recipe for failure. The truth is rather simple; GDIT did not want CSRA for the BI contracts; they needed the IT contracts and we were the creepy step child that nobody wanted to deal with. They then brought Adam in to try to save the contract; when that failed Peter was tasked with slowly dismantling the program until we could finally withdraw in a manner which avoided unfavorable light upon GDIT. We avoided WARN actions by slowing decreasing work force below the required reporting levels. Now, with the skeleton crew that remains, most will readily jump ship for the first offer they receive and the rest will try to ride it out for the last paycheck. Read the policy on FUSE; there are no severance packages people. Your two week working notice is all you get. A lucky few senior staff may get something based upon their time with CSC, but the majority will not. Save up your vacation and take sick leave instead. At least you’ll get a little something for vacation time in your final check. So in the end, all of our complaining will be for nothing as the time has come to move on. Place blame where it is due, but also accept it where it is due. We all had a part to play, and in the end, we are all to blame for loosing the game.”

ISN hasn’t failed. ISN tightened the belt to survive the next couple months. GDIT screwed them with an unpaid $14 million dollar bill.

1 Like

Hmmmm. Why would ISN allow GDIT to go without pay $14 million? Are they suing?
That makes no sense to me. Also, GDIT is gone, so is ISN not getting the work they thought they would get with CACI? They let all of their staff go, and some to zero dollar. If they are out of $14 mil, how can they survive. I mean that sucks!! Are they just sitting down and not trying to get their Money back. What exactly is the money from?

I’m not the expert but GDIT didn’t pay their final bill to ISN for work from Jan to May. Yes ISN is working it. GDIT isn’t gone, they just stopped their investigations arm. GDIT is a huge Corp. ISN, just like everyone else is suffering with the transition and end of year. CACI was only receiving 30% capacity from NBIB. 1 Oct changes everything and work will return. ISN is still a player and will regroup…

2 Likes

Yes we know that. I meant the investigations side of it. Oh I thought you knew. But how do you know they didn’t pay Jan to May? Where will the work come from? It’s Oct 1, and I’m not so optimistic anymore. The backlog is gone. The only reason we had jobs as contractors was because of the backlog. Makes me wonder where all of these agencies are going to get the work. But I’m glad you say that ISN is not out, I heard differently. They got rid of key management, so it was a bit confusing. Took PM down to SI. SI’s down to investigators or laid them completely off. I know someone that was offered a raise to stay and was let go. I hope they can recover that much money!! Like you said GDIT is a big corporation. Maybe. They have to pay it back once they close out? That’s crazy though!!! But somehow not surprising

Contractor’s have always been around since like 2005, they’re not going anywhere. DCSA wouldn’t have Silver Contractor badges if they were getting rid if them. ISN scaled back to survive. They’ll rebound. There are still SI’s and the Director is doing SI work but still doing his job. Some Management didn’t want to take a pay cut through this slow time so they left. The key players are still there.

CE will be permanent until one of the subjects with CE does something wrong… then there will be an uproar and the pendulum will swing back. Keep in mind prior to 2004 DSS only did DOD backgrounds and many of the subjects in the DOD system were in a stricter, controlled environment, or being groomed for that environment. NOW DCSA (DOD) will be in charge of cases with people that have never been in a military system, for instance other agencies where people come right off the street and have crazy lives. Who’s going to CE them? Good luck with all those agencies. Different ball game. Think about the other non-DOD cases you’ve worked, those people couldn’t make it 1 week on CE.

As I understand it, they will still get a full initial T5. They won’t be eligible for CE until they are up for renewal 5-6 years after getting initial clearance, and, after submitting an SF-86 with no listed flags for their renewal.

Silver contract badges that look like part of a howdy doody kids sheriffs outfit that took 10 mins to make in China. Not a lot of effort in those badges and I’ve been around 20 years. Maybe not planning on them being around long?

1 Like

Turns out that the rumor was true. Eric Hess is no longer with Perspecta with no announcement or press release. Fired? Left on his own ? He is with Trans Union Global in a mid manager job. Makes you wonder what the future holds for Perspecta in this current environment as they seem to be putting all of their focus on other sectors of their business.

The Perspecta workload has really slowed down in the past couple of weeks.