TS/SCI should I try? Or just not meant to be?

I’m against the group, but you knew that.

From the military vets I talked to , most joined for the steady job, education and other benefits. The same for government workers and private industry workers.

What sub field are you in that you make triple? you work in Seattle or Silicon Valley? Are you comparing a big tech director level job at Google to a gs 7? From what I’ve seen private defense industry pays similar to non defense firms and more then government GS service at the top end . When you factor in benefits , pension, job security etc the range is more narrow .

I don’t want to say more which identifies myself. Let’s just say my bonus potential alone is about equal to an entire years salary at defense co. These companies that pay this (along with good base and RSU) have very high technical bar interviewing dozens even hundreds before making a single offer. The value in defense in many respects is the clearance. The position I interviewed for allows me to work while I wait for the clearance. I feel there would be 1-2 years of very vulnerable to budget cuts(easy for these places to cut the guy that doesn’t hold a clearance). And FYI I’m not counting on GOP holding the senate. I hope and pray for this country trump wins. What I’m reading on what happened is truly tragic for this nation. If these foreign actors of Iran and China did in fact play a role I would be so concerned if that senile man became president. Sorry I digress. Point being I posted this original thread awhile ago, I’m very concerned for our country now.

What is a defense co? That is very vague.

Keep your million dollar a year job so the less fortunate masses can get the Low paid $100,000 jobs. And you know that many other tech companies like Microsoft and Amazon have defense contracts? You’re not revealing your identity. Im still curious what you do in tech other then very high level corporate exec or sales? You are talking more then worker bees make. The stock options are good if for very cheap stock at valuable companies. Not great for high risk failure prone start ups.

Not sales. Yes tech worker bee. $300-600k TC yearly is very standard at the well known names if you can solve algorithm questions. Perhaps you should look at website levels.fyi

Vague for a reason. You have heard of the defense company so won’t say it. Besides they roughly all pay the same anyway

That’s Vice President money at a defense contractor or SES agency director level with gov.

Compare apples to apples. 300k in San Francisco Bay Area or nyc , maybe even dc area equals $150k in most of the country. Also to get a high level gov job requires previous gov or mil experience because of preferences etc.

What defense contractor had a budget freeze due to Covid? Especially at the dollar amounts you are talking about. Something seems off

There is no group.

This thread smells of trolling.

1 Like