BI investigators for 3 letter agencies in DOD

Got it! I’ll be sure to be super cooperative whenever my BI is finally done.

Most Subjects are cooperative with me.
Make time for your interview, bring information for the areas you now know you didn’t fill correctly on your questionnaire, understand that we are going to discuss your very personal information if there was an issue, understand that even though you don’t provide information/leads we still have to find the information/people.

1 Like

That’s astonishing.
Makes you rethink what the interview is all about then, if not just a mere fact gathering activity.
Thanks for your input :wink:

Fact gathering, fact verification, fact is-there-anything-else-you-left-out-ification

1 Like

And fact confrontation…

I’m really bummed the one person that responded with a really thoughtful and detailed response deleted his comments. I’m sure that would have been useful to others in the future.

They all use contractors showing fed creds. The internal review, adjudication can be contract…but the determining person is government cheese.

Are those separate people? I thought they were one and the same

1 Like

Signatory will be government but those actually crunching the case can be contract. One of the big 3 letter agencies had a contract change about 3 years ago. Lost a lot of senior talent.

Thanks for the insight, @Amberbunny2 .

So the adjudicator can be/ is a contractor. They make an initial determination that is then accepted or rejected by a USG employee? Am I understanding that correctly?

This is my first go round as a direct IC hire (no FSO, tight lipped HR POC - trying to piece it all together myself)