DCSA Publishes Hard Deadline for the Transition from e-QIP to eAPP

Originally published at: DCSA Publishes Hard Deadline for the Transition from e-QIP to eAPP | ClearanceJobs Blog

Over the last year the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), in collaboration with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), has been pushing all Federal agencies who are using OPM’s Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) to start the transition over to the National Background Investigation Services (NBIS) replacement system called eApplication (eAPP). A recently…

1 Like

Raise your hand if you remember when they distributed the predecessor to eQIP on a floppy disk.

Raise your hand if you remember floppies… five points if you had a computer with no hard drive and you had to boot off a floppy.

OK I’ll stop now.

5 Likes

Lol when I was a kid we had a DOS computer with 5.25 floppy disk, I remember putting in all kinds of codes to get it to do what I wanted. I think I was smarter then than I am now!

Hopefully before DCSA and OPM sunset eQip that eApp and NBIS will be more reliable. Currently, eApp is hard to use because the system is often down or otherwise not working.

Or the days when you filled out paper forms on a typewriter.

1 Like

Is it possible? Sure. But the transfer of data from one system to the other has to be one of the key criteria for successful transition so hopefully such issues will be rare.

On the other hand, anyone who has gone through the recent TSP site “upgrades” will be skeptical.

Some people have reported that they were informed that an “eyes only” letter was coming which sounded pretty scary, but in the end it turned out to be some very minor issue.

I will remember those days but I will try to forget them if I can. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I do not; but I always say that an inquiry like this is a good sign because at least it means somebody is looking at it and you’re no longer stuck in a queue waiting to get assigned.

And… Insert Medical Evaluation here.