e-qip communications?

I had started a clearance in April, in May I was told I needed fingerprints. I took those, and it seemed I got them in on time. My security team said it would take “a few days” for the prints to be available online to the investigators.

It seems the investigator didn’t get them soon enough, and at the end of May sent an alert to the q-qip system that prints were needed.

My Security group wasn’t able to call the DCSA until 3-months had gone by. So my app sat in limbo, waiting for DCSA, for 2+ months. I can’t usually get e-qip to login because once your application is in process, they lock you out of the e-qip system.

I filled out another request after determining there was a SAC date for the fingerprints,

but will I a) still need to wait 3 months before being able to see?
Or
b) will my e-qip access be “opened up” if there was a “to-do” on the file (like another fingerprint or something) and,

c: will there any other way DCSA will contact me if there is an exception on the application by filing something, emailing me, texting, or something else? I never hear from my security folks.

Thx
Ambi

It is more likely that your “security team” is the choke point in your process. Otherwise it might be your sponsoring federal agency.

DCSA not normally contact you directly about your application - the information request is normally forwarded to your security manager/FSO.

DCSA normally has no interest or motivation to delay your application.

1 Like

No answers here, but you are not the first person who has had this problem. I remember one guy saying he could not figure out where to get the fingerprints, his security office wasn’t much help and the place he ended up going never sent them to the right person.

In the good old days :roll_eyes: we did fingerprint cards with ink but nobody wants that anymore and not everyone has easy access to a fingerprint scanner gizmo connected to the right network.

1 Like

Lol, I remember ink, then the non staining clear crap…and in last job BI folks pulling out wifi enabled print machines in our SCIFS.