Denied clearance for issue that was previously adjudicated

Lol. I completely agree…and as someone with a CI background myself, it was shocked to see the leniency HRC received for the information that was found on her private server.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head about the investigators report in 2014. She seemed a little confused when I was explaining everything to her in regards to my ex-girlfriend and the timeline of events. But the follow-up questions she asked during the interview and her demeanor gave me the impression that she understood everything by the end of the meeting. I did not see the final report, so I do not know; however, I will say that she never recontacted me or the SSO about any concerns or follow up questions regarding the case, so when I got the LOI, the SSO and I were completely blindsided.

The subject interview was March 2014. On December 21, 2014, the investigation was completed and assigned to adjudications. On June 2015, I received the LOI. LOI rebuttal was submitted in August 2015. On February 2016, I received word that they decided to revoke my clearance. DOHA personal appearance in July 2016 to appeal. Final decision to revoke made in August 2016. I receive notification of said denial two days ago.

There are a couple of things I feel were at play. Number one was a continuous misunderstanding of the facts, as evidenced in the LOI. And number two was the political climate in the wake of Snowden and how no one wanted to put their name on adjudicating anything related to foreign influence/contact.

1 Like