Email Requiring Resolution

I received an email today saying that information they received in their preliminary investigation requires resolution and they want to send the sensitive information to me electronically and if i dont respond, they will send it by mail. I have replied authorizing them to send it electronically but what could this mean for my clearance? Is this an LOI?

*Update: The email requested a detailed statement because I answered yes to question 18B on the SF-85 regarding ever having a clearance or access authorization denied, suspended or revoked, or being debarred from government employment.

In 2012 my Public Trust was denied due to marijuana use and failure to disclose it on the SF85. I fully disclosed all the details of the incident to the investigator in my interview last week and she told me she believed it had been enough time to be able to mitigate it yet I am still receiving this LOI. So why am i receiving this form if I already disclosed this information to the investigator. The title of the file sent to me was LOI-Clearance Denied so does that mean they have already decided to deny it?

Marko…your take?

*Update: The email requested a detailed statement because I answered yes to question 18B on the SF-85 regarding ever having a clearance or access authorization denied, suspended or revoked, or being debarred from government employment.

In 2012 my Public Trust was denied due to marijuana use and failure to disclose it on the SF85. I fully disclosed all the details of the incident to the investigator in my interview last week and she told me she believed it had been enough time to be able to mitigate it yet I am still receiving this LOI. So why am i receiving this form if I already disclosed this information to the investigator. The title of the file sent to me was LOI-Clearance Denied so does that mean they have already decided to deny it?

You need to clear up some discrepancies in your use of forms and terminology:
You filled out an SF-85P (Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions) in 2012 and were denied eligibility to occupy a public trust position because you failed to disclose illegal drug use.
Flash forward to today: You filled out a new SF-?? form for a ?? type position and as a result you received a letter of interrogatory asking about the circumstances of your previous denial? Or is the LOI concerning the fact that you did not disclose being denied eligibility on this new form?

I filled out a new SF85P form this year and disclosed that I was denied back in 2012 for failure to disclose. I also disclosed this in the interview with the investigator. I am currently working in a position where they would like me to get a public trust to be able to access more information.
On the new SF85P i marked yes for question 18B that asks if you have ever had a clearance or access denied. The letter is asking about details from the previous public trust denial in 2012.

Sounds normal, they want to know all of the facts about the previous denial and to see if you are being honest about it. Just answer the LOI honestly and provide assurances that the lack of candor and your previous illegal drug use are behind you with no intention of any future use.

1 Like