Government Shutdown Impact

I have accepted an offer with a contractor for a small regulatory agency and need a Public Trust clearance. I am wondering what the impact of a shut down might be on the investigation/ adjudication process? I haven’t been invited to fill out an SF-85p or OF-306 yet but have been told to keep an eye out on that. Is the agency who does background investigations considered “essential?”

I am not sure if this applies to DCSA, but some agencies whose operations are funded at least in part by fees charged to other agencies are not affected by shutdowns. I’m sure one of the investigators will chime in here.

In any event hopefully it is not a long shutdown… and it is not the last possible minute yet!

Investigators are essential and will continue to conduct interviews as long as there are people available to interview. There may be issues interviewing people who are not essential and are furloughed if they are required to interview on the clock, those interviews would have to wait for the gov to get their sh** together. Good luck.