Granted Secret Clearance

I think this one can fall under “it depends.” If you applied within a specific community, such as the IC…and even then…each has its own unique spin on clearance approvals…if a portion is already completed and within scope, it remains valid. If you left sponsorship, and walked away, but returned 6 months later in a different capacity for the same community…they would search your name and SSAN in their system, or a unique identifier code assigned to you. Anything they had that was relevant, in scope and applicable would be used. If certain portions were out of scope they would run those again. I can see a credit check being refreshed at the 6 month mark as the new scoring system is much faster to respond to good and bad news. Does this constitute a “hold” on your processing? Not really. There is no formal shelving…and pausing as I see it. But relevant data that is in scope is available and will be used. Semantics? Maybe. But I think if one searches for confirmation of a formal program where you get paused…you may not have any one roger up to that concept, but agree to what I stated. Same end point, but different way of stating it.

Its my turn now, I have silently lurking through this page for a long time and want to share the good news and hope for you all with my timeline for a secret clearance, Always payed debts in time , never delinquent. Good luck to you all!!

10/2016 Eqip submitted
1/2017 BI started
10/2017 Personal interview with BI investigator
2/2018 References interviewed
5/2018 Clearance granted

1 Like

Congratulation! … is it Secret for DOD-Industry? Or DOD agency?

This is for DOD industry, interim was earlier denied 4/2017