Investigator Churn and Burn

I just finished the All Hands call for CACI investigators during which I could hardly stop from screaming.

There was a big build up of an exciting announcement designed to clear the backlog of OPM cases.

After they said we have worked out a deal with OPM that you will really be happy with, I’m thinking WOW ! Shred at home or a new express means of reporting an ESI to end reopens for silly discrepancies that are non adjudicatable…anything to help an investigator meet production and quality expectations.

The exciting News? We are throwing a significant amount of $$ at you to work unlimited overtime, but ONLY IF YOU ARE ALREADY MEETING YOUR PRODUCTION AND QLTY STANDARDS

I just filled out an employee survey for morale and, if my peers are an indication, not one investigator said I will keep up an exhausting and largely unsustainable pace for more money. No one said i hope I can leave my family for 3 weeks because i can get another $2500 even if it means missing my childens summer. Everyone I spoke with said they are overwhelmed and tired. People want a balance in their lives so I guess management did not care about their investigators

if CACI was going to work out a deal with OPM why not get a contract modification that addresses the unrealistic expectations from OPM? Have an honest discussion by addressing the reasons cases are not closing. And just for kicks and giggles, why not ask OPM (now NBIB) why they obssess on things that are irrelevant to identifying risk to the public trust or national security?

2 Likes