Investigators vs. Coronavirus

But why? This did not happen during the swine flu outbreak. This is only happening because of the current administration.

Hopefully some guidance comes Monday with approved methods to get us through this.

I am hoping something comes out tomorrow. I will gladly keep taking work but do hope they lax up on telephone use during this time. I am supposing they will. I have parents I am cautious about protecting and am all for any measures to suppress the curve.

1 Like

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why these interviews cannot be done by phone until this COVID-19 passes.

Investigators are excellent virus vectors. 8AM-10AM, ESI interview with infected Subject (his supervisor and coworkers are already exposed). 10-11:30 AM, four source interviews at two different employments, passing the virus. After lunch. Court record and Police record, passing the virus. Then another two different employers and four sources, passing this virus all over town. Don’t forget the REFI in person. Do this five days a week. Well, at least the RESI can be done by phone, if you can make contact.

Again, there is NO REASON why interviews cannot be done by phone until this passes. But, it has always been done this way… so that settles it.

3 Likes

I’m a bit nervous as well…I’m leaving for TDY tomorrow. All TX work, mostly small businesses and one large university, many record checks. No coronavirus reported in the areas I’m going, but then, who really knows what the truly “infected” numbers are? No new guidance on phone interviews (CBP/ICE), and appears to be business as usual.

1 Like

I’m surprised they haven’t canceled your TDY. From what it sounded like from today’s briefing, it looks like some sort of domestic air travel restrictions will be incoming. As well as more business, school, etc. closures. This is likely going to have a significant impact on our work.

1 Like

If you’ve been stockpiling food and necessities for a month it’s hard to believe you really needed to stand in line for an hour at Walmart wearing a mask and gloves last night. If you go to Sam’s and use the app, you can scan as you go and then not have to wait to check out. Have you paid attention to the experts? Did you see that 80% of infected people will have mild or no symptoms? Several infected people in my community didn’t even have a fever, just a runny nose and/or sore throat. If you are age 70 or above, or if you (or anyone in your household) has underlying health issues, you need to be very cautious. Otherwise, I recommend that you take a couple deep breaths and then just use good practices such as washing your hands frequently and don’t shake anyone’s hand.

2 Likes

Thanks for the internet advice. My city just implemented near total shutdown today. So, paying attention to the previous patterns in other countries I knew I had to start in advance. A. Click and pull is not always available. B. I definitely started in advance because members of my family do have underlying health conditions. C. All of my shopping adventures have been in between working 12-16 hour days and D. Schools are shut down, things that couldn’t be obtained by online, pick up or delivery due to lack of resources had to be gotten in person. I’ve been preparing for this. Sorry you can’t understand and yes, I pay attention to scientific data on how viruses spread. Just because your area is not affected badly by it doesn’t mean mine isn’t. Thanks.

Not sure how we are supposed to run cases solely by phone. Just going to be cases full of write offs.

Subject interviews by phone? Non or minor issues ok but what about major stuff? Reviewing passports? Obtaining financial docs? Cases where you know Subject has fabricated the SF86? How about the nightmare of trying to just reconstruct college students residence and employment history? It’s hard enough in person.

This is going to suck.

1 Like

Do you mind saying what city?

1 Like

All libraries, schools, and restaurants are now completely closed in my area. Subjects have already refused to meet with me. This is going to suck.

1 Like

Thank the Media. They are causing mass hysteria all over. They never created this much hysteria when the swine flu killed thousands. Now that they have created this mass hysteria, we must now hope for the best, prepare for the worst. The way people are behaving just to get toilet paper, wait until they close the supermarkets or start rationing food and supplies. My mother had seen 2 people arguing (heated) in the store over toilet paper. I hope the hysteria doesn’t get to a point where there is no food left and supermarkets begin to ration supplies and food. As far fetched as it sounds, but did you ever think you would see people fighting over toilet paper? Again, thank the media for this one! You better be prepared to protect your families, your home and your supplies. Many people don’t know how to act and think for themselves; common sense. Be safe everyone!

Fabricated the SF86? It is not my job, nor have I had ANY training, on SF86 fabrication detection. I am the messenger…ask questions and write down responses. What difference does it matter if it is a minor or major issue? The questions are the same and I write down what Subject says period. Financial documents can be obtained by FAX. I am sure there is a work around for the Passport, but we all know that passport stamps only tell half the story, as many countries do not routinely stamp passports. If you need PP review, then do a PP review. PP reviews are few and far between and you can limit your exposure. It’s easier to reconstruct college students residence and employment history sitting at your desk on the phone with a cup of coffee. It’s all about limiting your exposure and not transmitting the virus all across town because an outdated rule.

Same here. Will likely take time off, pending whatever guidance may come.

Oh my community is affected and implementing the same measures as your community— but strangely 80%+ of the infected have mild symptoms, just like predicted. But if you are wearing a mask to Walmart when you aren’t infected, obviously you know something the experts don’t know. Keep selling your stocks and hoarding toilet paper— us dullards will take advantage of your stock sales and suffer from your hoarding . . . .

1 Like

I will be driving to my TDY location, so not flying.

As crazy as this sounds I have seen this behavior many times as I live in a hurricane zone and we typically see this kind of behavior at least once or twice a year (depending on how bad hurricane season is).

1 Like

Still radio silence from DCSA and my company this morning.

1 Like

While it would ease some of the stress of the current situation to be able to conduct interviews by phone…we all know that these “temporary measures” always end up permanent and soon we will all be out jobs in favor of a call center environment where they can pay employees $15 an hour to ask questions from a check list. The requirement of in person interviews is job security.

2 Likes

Silence from DCSA and I’ve got brand new cases rolling in today. Personal coverage needed from several restaurants. Restaurants that are closed.

2 Likes