KGS vs. CACI

Actually, according to private equity firm who operates KPGS, it is all about profit and share value. National security bottom rung is more the reality.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/blog/fedbiz_daily/2015/01/caci-revenue-and-earnings-fall-with-ramp-up-of.html

Here is why CACI is screaming production. They blaming the lost solely on the OPM contract

All makes perfect sense now. Thanks 007.

Didnā€™t Omni get out of the OPM game years ago because it didnā€™t make financial sense to stay in? I know the contract is huge from a money perspective but I think the profit margins are very low. Hence the quantity over quality mindset of the contracting companies.

@Contractor

Omni was used by opm on a trial basis a few years ago and opm did not exercise an option to keep them. I have a tentative offer from them for a full time position and during the interview the manager I talked to indicated they will be pursuing it. Omni also hired former KGS opm program director Scott Kobasik (SP) and that tells me they will go for it.

I also have MSM in my territory and I have met with several higher upā€™s there and they are very much interested in the game.

If the management at kgs thinks they are going to keep 80% of the contract please share whatever drugs you are on because that must be some good stuff. opm is going to split this up even more and not give one company the bulk of the work so that if a company implodes it will not create such a mess again. Congress is watching and no one wants this mess again on their hands.

@imbacknow

good luck getting bonuses now. I will say that kgs recently clarified the bonus payouts and how they are calculated. for making acdā€™s you get a flat amount based on your % met. then a $ amount per SU over goal.

@md

Just seems omniplex kind of a mickey mouse company as far as background investigations are concerned. Msm is similiar, in my opinion. Kpgs should have been able to handle the influx of work. Not sure what happened.

We are all in trouble

Turns out the big reorg is not that big at all. Still not sure how Iā€™m impacted as not even a new org chart released with the big meeting. The big news isā€¦ Change is coming. Um - hello nothing new. Change has been the status quo with OPM like only forever. It appears that someone was not properly briefed and may be in over their head. I have to admit there was one small hiccup of refreshing news and that was an actual mention of the possibility of maybe increased income for the field if we are able to be profitable. That was the first time Iā€™ve heard that in a long time. No mention of it being tied to individual production metrics like KGSā€™s ever illusive bonuses. We will have to wait and see but in all honesty I fear that nothing will changeā€¦ except for the chiefs, which is typical. Perhaps ninjaturtle can expand.

The FIā€™s werenā€™t cut but half the TL population was. Sad that a number of us followed our supervisors over from USIS and then those we enjoyed working for are now gone. My TL was the one person keeping me sane!

New poster here. Donā€™t know who else could possibly understand the train wreck this job has become except yā€™all. National security? Absolutely not possible with the ridiculous demands placed on FIā€™s. Itā€™s a factory mass production of testimonyā€™s. Bang out as many as you can. CACI gives you 1 hr admin time? Woo hoo. KPGS gives you S**t. Where is OPM in this mess? I mean I know where they are but do they understand the demoralization in the field? And the very significant risk to quality of investigations that KPGS is encouraging with their business practices? They released a bonus program based soley on production and ACDā€™s metrics. HELLO??? Anyway who can consistently meet expected productions let alone the amount needed to get some sort of imaginary bonus. Dont come to KPGS from CACI. It is no better. Maybe worse. I have 1 legitimate question for the fieldā€¦HOW DO WE GET UNION REPRESENTATION??? Does anyone knows the steps needed to take to protect ourselves, our jobs and our futures?

I agree SUHeavy. I would be willing to explore the process of union representation. If there are any individuals familiar with this process, please provide some advice. For those of you who came from USIS, I am sure it is clear that through the course of your career, the company could do whatever they wanted with policy, benefits, etcā€¦ without repercussion. You should be well aware that KP and CACI are following in those footsteps and they know they have a body of workers that have ā€œadapted to the abuseā€ of unrealistic demands. The management think that the employees perceive this as ā€œnormal.ā€ Change needs to take place, and it will not begin from the top.

Union representation is definitely needed to stem the abuse, but try convincing everyone they need to be on board. All field level people sitting out indefinitely would send a clear message a who is really in charge and that change better happen fast, but the vast majority are not so simple minded and already too influenced by the kool-aid unfortunately.

Check out this sad assessment of what weā€™re really dealing with:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/income-inequality-makes-a-mockery-of-the-american-dream/ar-AAa63Rj

The website has been somewhat quite anyone have any positive (or negative) feedback on KGS or CACI, so far?

Iā€™m still trying to find success in regards to WTPD, which is all my team lead cares about. It is so very frustrating to not be able to meet the goals they set forth! Can someone please explain to me how investigators in Houston, New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles are required to produce the same as DC and Virginia area Investigators? I do not understand how management can expect all ORGā€™s to produce the same amount. CACI wants 5 WTPD from me while only giving 4.5 for a SPIN. On a great day I might be able to brief, schedule, drive to and from an ESI, type, and transmit. I would still be half a point short. It never happens and it never can given my geographic location. Not sure what to do because all my lead cares about is WTPD. Now I hear they are going to be using a centralized law check which makes sense however Iā€™m sure they wont adjust the WTPD. UGH

This feed is dying because no need to post questions on the differences anymore. Just look at all the glassdoor.com reviews for both companies especially kgs.

They are using the same weighted testimonies per day because they look at how much investigators are being paid and expect a certain return even if its bs and unobtainable. I am so glad I switched to fed this year. I would have never left kgs if the company never changed.

After leaving USIS in the summer of 2013 to do something completely different, I was laid off from that position in the fall of 2014. I seriously considered returning to the background investigations field. After reading all of the reviews on GlassDoor about KGS as well as talking with some former USIS colleagues of mine who work for KGS and CACI, I am so happy I did not return to the background investigations field. The job seems more stressful than ever.

I am considering leaving CACI and going contractor with KGS. Does anyone know if KGS is getting any National Park Service work?

I do not however; CACI is probably going to go out of business in one way or the other in the investigative sense. I cannot begin to explain

I am really beginning to wonder inv74. CACI doesnā€™t seem to know much about the industry. They are issuing disciplinary action to investigators when the company acknowledges there are some changes that need to be made to the weight of items. Many investigators are feeling hopeless and unappreciated at this point.

Looks like the hack was super major colossal and went on for a year without OPM knowing. All Feds and military compromised. DoD is white hot mad and the BI process will be taken away from OPM. The process will be unrecognizably revamped. Donā€™t look to make a career in the private sector BI game. There will be no Congressional theater this time. Hit the restart button because game over OPM. You shouldnā€™t have had this gig anyway, it was like putting a nervous Nelly with a speech impediment overseeing ATC at Chicago Oā€™Hare.