Lying about Why You Left Previous Employment is Never Good

I can top this one. A Subject, DoD Contractor, reported they were fired but refused to tell me why. They stuck to their guns that their former employer HR told them to tell no one, not even the federal government, why they were fired. They seemed relieved when I said, “ok”.

I already knew why they were fired.

In the police record section, Subject did not report any arrests in the last 7 years. Even after I reminded them about having to report expunged records. Again, stuck to their guns.

I confronted them with two expunged record arrests and the fact they were investigated for embezzling from their former employer and their customers. Also let them know I was aware of their pending court trial for the embezzlement

Too many think we only use the information they provide. This is an example of why I do as much as I can before the Subject interview.

BTW, the FSO ended the interview because of the Subject was yelling and screaming at me to the point it was upsetting employees outside the meeting room. The Subject was sent home for the rest of the day. Subject didn’t show to work the next day, or any day, to complete the interview.

3 Likes