NSA Drug Test Question

I submitted my SF86 form in the middle of December of 2023. I’m currently waiting for the polygraph test and things of that nature. My question is when does the urine drug test occur? Will it be when I have to fly to Maryland for the polygraph test? Thank you.

I just completed my security interview, psychological eval, and polygraph for that agency in mid-December, although I was told I was not successful and will be emailed to schedule another. If the drug test happens, it won’t be on the same dates as your psych and polygraph. I did not have to take a drug test while I was there and no one else that was going through processing with me did either.

I submitted my SF86 around the same time frame as you. Did you receive any communication since?

After having your forms submitted how long did it take for the polygraph to happen?

No I have not. After submitting the forms and then having the forms accepted I have not heard anything back.

NSA does not administer urine tests during poly/SI appointments. FWIW, they want you to not have smoked any pot 90 days prior to applying (one year for all other drugs). So in theory, you don’t have anything to worry about so long as you’re in compliance with that. Ahem…

1 Like

Psychological battery and poly are the only things that will occur when you go on your trip. Regardless of this, ensure you are compliant with their drug policy.

I submitted the SF-86 in early August and polygraph happened in December.