SF-85p Additional Form Question #18 Failed to File or Pay Federal Tax

Thanks backgdinvestigator. I was hoping to plant some seeds and get a straight answer but you already know what the truth is here.

Not even a shred of humility, tax evasion and then turn around and want a position of public trust, such hubris.

I wasnā€™t trying to be a jerk, disrespectful, or self-absorbed-I just became a bit defensive at Fed-Investigatorā€™s direct responses, and I do apologize for that.

As stated previously, Im brand new to this game. I dont know what to expect in light of my situation, and Im telling the truth amid the disclosed circumstances posted earlier. Now Ive already filed those late returns, notified both the federal/state agencies, and paid the balance due. Will this help mitigate the issue?

It will definitely help. I have limited experience with issues like this but I think they will be less strict with a contractor than they would with a direct hire federal civilianā€¦ unless of course this position is working with the IRS or other financial matters.

No. Its a help-desk position for the DOJ. No financial duties, or working with the IRS.