SF86 Assistance

I have a question about filling out the SF86 for some questions. I had an abusive ex file a civil temporary restraining order against me to spite me. We went to court and it was dismissed against me.

When it comes to filling out the SF86 it asks if there is currently a restraining order issued against you, I would answer no?

Would I just have to put this under public records section 28?

Does the fact this has been dismissed mean automatic clearance denial?

Section 22 - Police Record - (Continued)
Is there currently a domestic violence protective order or restraining order issued against you?

No current restraining order.
Yes, report under non-criminal court actions (many no contact/restraining orders are civil actions) with the court, case number, and disposition on the SF86.
You would need to report if there were any arrest/citations/etc from the incident under the Police Record.
No, not an automatic disqualifier.

1 Like

The civil court record reporting is only within the last 10 years. This restraining order may not even fit the criteria to be listed at all if it was over 10 years ago and there was no conviction. I believe these type of restraining orders have become so common place that the “current” was added into the verbage to decrease over reporting.

Thank you, I will answer “NO” to 22.3 is there currently a domestic violence protective order or restraining order issued against you? since it was dismissed and was only temporary. I was never arrested or anything like that.

You mentioned the court, case number and disposition, could you clarify the disposition? Do you mean the details around this? and the outcome of it being dismissed?

Based on what you said I will also answer "NO "In the last seven (7) years have you been issued a summons, citation, or ticket to appear in court in a criminal proceeding against you? since the initial restraining order was civil and not criminal.

Thank you for your help

Disposition = final outcome of the case.