Subject Interview - What to do? Any recommendation

That’s crazy. As a BI I don’t have even the slightest interest in who is paying for what. I wonder why this BI was so hung up on that fact since it’s essentially irrelevant…

2 Likes

@buddha724, honestly I am not sure what BI was thinking, but all I hope next week is normal for me, when my manager comes back from vacation.

1 Like

If it is a friendly enough interview…ask. He may have a simple explanation.

1 Like

@amberbunny, yeah depending on how it goes, i will ask BI what was the confusion about?

Thank you again @amberbunny for recommending to contact Company B’s FSO.

2 Likes

Had my interview this past Friday, it lasted for 75min going over my SF86 form and updating any information that has changed since I submitted the SF86.

The BI, apologized for putting me in a tricky situation at my current work. I asked what the confusion was about and I was told many people start their clearance sponsorship at one defense contractor and then go work for another without the new company picking up their clearance. Apparently the confusion about my file was the same. The thing is as a subject, I tired explaining twice before the original scheduled interview that Company B’s offer is contingent based on clearance and is still valid. Not sure if there was anything confusing about that. Anyways, the BI apologized again and asked to let know if I get in trouble at my current work.

The BI will be interviewing my girlfriend and 2 friends to close the investigation. I was told most of the part is done, and I am towards the end of my investigation. Fingers-crossed, hopefully its smooth sailing from here.

Question - For BI’s out there, how many times have you confused candidates file/data when doing their investigation. Has that resulted in candidates getting fired or not getting a clearance? Mistakes happen from everyone, but something like this would (ex, my case) result in job loss. I am still lucky to have a job, actually will find out next week when my manager is back. [I will create another post for this question, its an interesting topic I think based on my experience]

1 Like

@anon02, good, I’m glad it well for you. Good luck going forward! :+1:t5:

1 Like