The Nonsense Continues

From what you wrote, OPM S/A, have changed in the past few years. When I did an interview with an OPM INV, he told me we don;t use checklists and he thought it was a good idea (several years ago though). I agree 100% that we shouldn’t be using a checklist because it makes the investigator lose all control of the interview, seem like he/she does;t know what they are doing……

reginv,

We are not allowed to use check lists of any kind. Jobs aids are ok to use with the ESI minimally but it can’t become a distraction. the focus is always to remain on the interview.

“How many times have you had to interview someone that was already interviewed by another investigator?”

Over the last month? Multiple times a day, thanks to USIS. The stories I’m hearing are ridiculous, most of the time, subjects/sources tell me that the last investigator didn’t ask that many questions and only took a couple of minutes. The most egregious so far is the ESI was conducted at subject’s home.

Between this ridiculousness and you having S/As using checklists, it sounds like Integrity needs to do a whole lot better.

FedInv:

“The most egregious so far is the ESI was conducted at subject’s home.”

I know a number of people whose interview was conducted at home, so much so that it seems to be relatively commonplace with CACI, KGS and the former USIS. Why is an interview in the privacy of one’s home considered to be more egregious than meeting at a public location like Starbucks or a library both of which lack privacy?

Just curious.

What is this checklist you guys keep talking about? Is that the source interview sheet we use to use at USIS? On another note the worst thing about CACI thus far is the Review process and the investigator/reviewer relationship is nonexistent. That’s one thing I honestly miss about USIS at least if we had a question we could at least call a reviewer or the help desk. At CACI reviewers are discouraged from communicating with investigators therefore they reopen everything. CACI also did not provide adequate training on their reporting style. Investigators are being asked to do things that’s over and above handbook requirements. I know several people who have began looking for a way out already.

ah whats the difference, we do it for national security, right??

the whole industry needs to be fixed

and for the FED INV, congratulations, you are a GLORIFIED SECRETARY…lol

yeah i said it, a glorified secretary.

btw, its federal friday, the glorified secretary is probably shining his little gold shield.

fed inv should not even be on this forum, he should be protecting our national security.

hopefully the US will have a holiday dedicated to glorified secretary day

@skywarner,

Handbook requires subject interview to be done in a federal space when possible. I know, I know, vague and hard to comply with. You want to conduct the interview in a neutral space, not on a subject’s home turf.

@when will it end,

Yawn.

I yawn when i see you comin, now go shine that little gold shield and sharpen your pencil.

agh just got a PRT assigned to me, can waste another minute here

Meh.

I miss very little about USIS. However, the one the I miss the most was claiming tons of OT and not working it–did it for years, as did many of us. It really supplemented by base salary. So I may have never received much in terms of company-provided salary increases while at USIS, but I “promoted” myself on many occasions.

The GE Fleet vehicle was nice in the respect that I used the monthly free car wash to wash my personal automobile, rarely the Fleet automobile. My TL was too ignorant to catch on to any of this.

Now, at CACI, things are much different. For one thing, there is no Fleet automobile, but mileage reimbursement is pretty nice. Being remotely located, there is no way to detect if I drive 55 miles or 85 miles in a given day…get it?

So why do I say this? Because instead of complaining or listening to idiots like Fed Investigator, I take full advantage of the independence FI position offers. Only then does working for greedy OPM subcontractors become tolerable.

@ Fed Inv
When I was first interviewed for FBI clearance, it was done in my office. Because the FBI did not participate in JPAS at the time I had to be interviewed again my OPM several years later for this job. That OPM Inv conducted the ESI in my home.

@ coldhardertruth
Strike my comments in an earlier post where I mention honesty, intelligence and integrity.

@ joe hackett

I recall during my field training with USIS , my field trainer conducted a Phase PR with a full bird colonel in a high position as a service academy. The guy has been vetted 6 ways from sunday before he got there. I felt sorry for the guy as the ESI, with no issues, took 3 1/2 hours as she wrote every question in her notes verbatim along with his answers. She even wrote the full names, dob, pob etc for every relative.
I think that it is redundant, wasteful and not cost effective. If an ROI now only requires discrepant or missing information or clarifications of concurrent activity, and the disclaimer that all other information on the case papers is correct, why does OPM require writing down the same info that is on the case papers? Makes no sense.
If CACI & KGS insist on this degree of note taking, then they will soon realize the negative impact on productivity. OPM should be taken to task on this issue.

OPM needs to be taken into account by other agencies also. DOD is already looking for a better way and if OPM can’t deliver, DOD may drop them. OPM is not much different that the contractors as they work with little oversight and force their investigators to do more with less too.

@ REGINV

Remind me where honesty, intelligence and integrity got me @ USIS. Circa 12/2012: USIS [stole] over 100 hard-earned hours of my personal time off (PTO), with no logical explanation, other than corporate greed. Remember when all our health benefits premiums almost doubled, with less coverage? My TL said everyone’s health benefit premiums doubled at all companies nationwide? Huh? An if you don’t recall any of this, might you recall when USIS discontinued contributing (employer contribution) to the only retirement plan offered, i.e. 401K?

And if none of this rings a bell, might you recall the numerous times we were promised a pay hike, only to find out that all pay increases were conveniently suspended by USIS? (But of course, all TL/RD received bonuses.)

But, by far, the most entertaining is the E/Mail with the pic of laptops being prepared for shipment to 2500 FI’s nationwide, only to find out it was a rouse. I could go on and on, and so could you most certainly, but I think you get my drift.

So please don’t comment on my integrity, intelligence and honesty. I have no regrets.

@coldhardtruth

So you believe your employer was unfair to you so you justify stealing from them? Nice.

As well as you want to steal from your current employer by overbilling your mileage. Nice.

Yeah, you’re full of honesty, integrity and intelligence.

Keep on keeping on, internet tough guy!

HAHAHHA

1 Like

@ Fed Investigator (oops, I mean Glorified Secretary lol)

In a nutshell, the answer is “yes” to your question. To date, CACI has been pretty good & fair. However, should they [ever] take my earned Leave or equivalent, I will say nothing to anyone & simply smile. But trust me, I would promptly “recover” stolen Leave (wink) through OT most likely.

I like to think of myself as savvy, maybe even shrewd, rather than lacking integrity/honesty.

@ coldharertruth

I am not disputing USIS’s dishonesty, lack of integrity and greed - they proved that many times over.
Your right, I don’t need to comment on your honesty, integrity and intelligence. You’ve done that yourself.

1 Like

@ reginv

Again, savvy and shrewd. You keep mistaking that for lack of honesty/integrity. You can either be a hammer or a nail. No regrets.

@coldhardinternettoughguy

Nope, you’re a thief and coward.

You need to get out of this industry, you’re an embarrassment to us all.

@Fed,

I really doubt he/she is a current INV that works for the company he/she says they do. If he/she is; I again doubt it’s with CACI and more likely with KGS. I’ve been in the business for several years and I can not believe someone would come on a weB site and so blatantly advertise or advocate fraud in such a way. As for the comments of doing ESI at SUB’s domiciles, I came “close” once and it had to go through layers of approval when I was with USIS. Suffice to say, I managed not to do it at the house and in a neutral and secure area.

@inv74,

I hope you’re right. If someone is so disenfranchised with their job, they need to move on.