Time since naturalization a factor in clearance process?

For me it has been a super positive experince so far, though my case is also anecdotic. I’m applying for TS/SCI. Also: I come from a country with zero history of conflict with the US, none my relatives are gov’t employees or served in the military, which I’m sure plays a role in how decisions are made.

Regardless, it’s surprising because it goes against the adjudicative guidelines for a clearance, regardless of which agency you’re applying to.

Ever thought about applying to IC as well? There’s a good number of positions for researchers especially in STEM.

My wife has a green card so my mother. I have sisters and brothers who are still in my country and I have been living in U.S. for about 7 years. I also have visited my country two times.

Mr. Khan007 says other country as his country [I have sisters and brothers who are still in my country]

And he is fully optimistic about passing polygraph. So I would advice adr_rine to be super optimistic.

1 Like

What I meant was country of origin.

What I wanted to say that they are from where I was born. Fair enough?

1 Like

@richardliam got him on semantics, spoken like a true government bureaucrat

1 Like

Actually . . . It’s a legit concern . . . "My country . . . " could just be a matter of thinking but in the world that we talking about it’s the kind of slip that could create great concern.

1 Like

It is a great concern. During my assessment the guy asked me when and where was the last time I saw my parents, and I said “, here” (i.e in the US) and he asked pointedly for a clarification of where “here” was, in case I meant something else. It really felt like it’s exactly the sort of slip they look for.

Just apply to Mossad! lol

Really?

. . . . . . . . . . . .

e.e

I do wonder, though, why is my experience and @pawngobbler’s experience relatively awful (being told it’s not even worth applying), whereas others have had no issue. What’s the difference?

1 Like

@adr_rine have you applied for any DoD contract work? In my experience DoD contracts are much more lenient on Naturalized Citizens than IC. I was sponsored for my Secret in 2008 and TS in 2017 both through DoD.

The simple answer is that every case is different and we can’t always see what the difference is. Many citizens fly through the process without problems and are never seen here. Most who find this site are already having problems and there is still great variation in how things go even for those of us who had issues.

Well that’s exactly what he’ll have to become, if he is ever hired!