Who here is LWOP or just not working cases as a IC?

Keep the faith for just a bit longer, it has been a very tough go of it as of late. The winds of change are coming and it looks to be a positive change for us all… but only time will tell.

1 Like

I’m in DC (highest volume region by far) and we don’t have work either. Some have pointed out that they’re still being assigned records/sources here and there, but nobody I know has been working 40 hours/week for the past 2-3 weeks. Hoping the 8th changes SOMETHING

2 Likes

Florida just turned away my unemployment request. I’ve never been associated with a company that didn’t take care of the employees whether that’s natural disasters or work slow down. This is a real eye opener. I’m going to he that homeless guy wearing a suit to work half shaven every morning here in a week.

1 Like

What was the reason??? Are you claiming because of reduction in hours?

So apparently if you are a laid off employee from GDIT you do not meet the qualifications to apply for either a BI investigator (intel contract) or as a case reviewer. Even if you have previously worked intel. Applied to the recently posted BI position GDIT had and within an hour got an automated reply saying I was not eligible. Good times.

1 Like

If you were full time and laid off there’s no reason you wouldn’t get unemployment, appeal it.

1 Like

I agree with @RB22. I would definitely appeal it. Depending on your employee status while at GDIT (I assume FT BI) you are entitled to unemployment.

I don’t think he’s with GDIT.

1 Like

He should still be entitled to unemployment. Geez.

1 Like

Absolutely! But based on the statement I’m not so sure. I’m thinking he must be on lwop. Not sure how that works

1 Like

Wow, why? That’s ridiculous, especially if you have prior experience.

And yes I was with GDIT up until the last of us were laid off Sept 13.

In that automated email regarding the BI job posting with GDIT they did say my skills were impressive. So I got that going for me! Oh wait…that’s the same thing they told everyone else that applied.

3 Likes

Oh I have been collecting UNEMP since 9/13. I am talking about applying to a currently posted BI job at GDIT and being told I don’t meet the qualifications to be a BI. Double digit years doing the work apparently does not count. What a ____show.

2 Likes

Not GDIT. On LWOP. Been on hold for 3 hours waiting for FL unemployment. This whole process has been a mess. Should have never listened to the recruiter and stuck with my old gig. Nothing but false promises

3 Likes

Yeah unfortunately we were all duped by recruiters promising the moon and stars.

3 Likes

I was initially denied unemployment comp after being laid off as a ft GDIT invest. PA unemployment office said that GDIT indicated I resigned. I forwarded them the letter from GDIT saying that I was let go due to business needs. Benefits were then approved.

2 Likes

Perspecta IC - so far so good out here in Seattle region. Work has been steady with no noticeable slow down where I am. However I have noticed a big uptick in reopens which obviously sucks.

Yes, it seems like reviewers have more time to review cases. I have also noticed multiple reviewers on each case. More reopens seems to be the unfortunate result for us.

2 Likes

And with multiple reviewers comes multiple points of view…i.e. personal perspective. What is good for one is not good for another. The best are when they give you a citation which has absolutely nothing to do with what they say needs to be fixed.

3 Likes