Apply Again in 1 Year - Medical Fail

Getting a positive adjudication for a clearance, passing a psych evaluation, and doing a poly are all vastly different. I’ve had several investigations over the years for different jobs at different levels and have always received positive adjudications. I’m not a fan of psych evals or polys due to the degree of subjectivity involved and the lack of checks and balances. Clearance investigations are set up with checks and balances to weed out biases, false testimony, and to present all mitigating information; Psych evals and polys do not. I failed a psych evaluation because the person did not like that I was take a medication as prescribed that “could” be used for a personality disorder even though in my case, that is not the reason it was prescribed. For my clearance, the medication is fine, I am taking it as prescribed. I have just made the personal decision that I don’t want to apply to a position that requires a psych evaluation or poly because I don’t want to deal with the stress and nonsense. A T5 is high enough.

1 Like