Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

I have been waiting since Feb 17th 2017 when my investigator submitted my package and when I call the Freedom Line on April 11th 2017… they said I was still under investigation and to call back in a couple weeks if I hadn’t heard anything

Can see where he’s coming from based on his experiences, but take some of what he says with a grain of salt, there’s a few inaccuracies in his statements.

They probably are still waiting to get back results of the other background checks. Like I said, my interview was the very last thing that needed to be completed in the investigation out of like the 10-15 items I saw. Its possible the investigator just got to you really quickly and the other orgs like the FBI name check are dragging their feet.

He mentioned Securitas has basically not done any work at all, and he said CACI has only done 10 cases so far. Don’t know anything about CSRA.

So today is day 152 since my submission and I heard today that two of my past supervisors have received the bubble in scantron on me from OPM. I already heard of a friend getting his in late March, it was also then that my credit was pulled. I really hope it is not that much longer. All I want is the interim…thats all I need to work. I am bored out of my mind!

Good luck on the interim. However they pulled my credit and check with my employer in NOV 2016… still nothing as of yet

Please how do you know that they pulled your credit?

Seeing some movement here:

T5 for an IC contract position.
March 2016 - Applied
April 2016 - Interviewed
June 2016 - Full Scope
November 2016 - Saw a credit pull
Today - Notified that I have to fly back out to DC for a “personal interview” next week.

I can’t complain too much because I’m finally seeing some movement but it’s a bit of a pain considering I literally just started working a DoD contract this week. I’m grateful for the job but now kind of embarrassed that I need to ask for a day off. Hope I can interview and fly back without missing more than a day. So much for sending an investigator out my way. No references contacted yet either btw.

Personally,

I received a letter from one of the credit reporting agencies stating that my credit was pulled by xxx/OPM for the given purpose.

About two months later it actually showed up on Credit Karma… but a month after that it was off taken off Credit Karma so I would say Credit Karma isn’t a viable source.

Best accuracy is to await or self contact the credit reporting agencies.

I got one of my credit reports from annualcreditreport.com and saw that OPM pulled my credit. It never showed up on credit karma.

I’m afraid I am starting to find the whole process and the lack of transparency a bit depressing.

A couple years ago my Agency (DoD) asked me if I would like to move to a new team. It involved getting TS/SCI based on the work. I accepted and moved over to the team. I put in my SF-86 and additional questionnaire in June 2015 and the agency sent it that same week to OPM. Since then - crickets. I am now at 22 months since submission and it appears that nothing has been done. The security office checks periodically but keeps getting the same answer back that it is being worked; however, none of my references have been contacted and no credit report has been pulled. This last time they checked the answer came back that they still needed to verify my work history, verify my past residences, conduct interviews, verify my credit, and a few other items - in short, nothing appears to have been done.

I’m a previous TS/SCI holder with nothing in my background that would negatively affect a renewed clearance. This seems like it should be a super easy investigation. Now I understand that I am fortunate that I can still work so I am probably near the bottom of the priority pile but I am also in a position where I am the only person on my team that is excluded from the specific type of work that I was brought over to do. It just seems that nobody from my supervisor to my SES to my security officer has been able to do anything to move it along or find out why it is taking so long to process. It ends up there are several people in my office in the same boat but mine just happens to be significantly older than most.

I guess I am in that 10% that isn’t included in the “90% of all background investigations completed in” metric …

I saw mine by using annualcreditreport.com. I saw it as a soft inquiry. It was ether
Equifax or Experian that I was able to pull an unlimited amount of times. I think their is a small bug on the site. I mean, am I still looking at a few more months for my interim? Even with all this progress? I have been waiting for 5 months now…

Below is my details for Secret Clearance and looking for guidance regarding what to expect next?

Mid Jan 2017 eQIP filled and Finger print done on 21 Jan 2017.
March 30 Credit report was pulled and April 5th Employment verification was send to OPM by current and past employer.On April 21st informed by FSO that my interim clearance was denied.

I don’t have any criminal or financial issue and lived at same area for last 10 years.
Now question is What could be reason for denial and does it mean I will not get Secret clearance or there is till hope? If there is then what process is involved from here and tentative time frame I should hear anything?

Thank you all for your advise and guidance.

These days, not at all unusual to get denied for interim. Just means that something caught somebody’s eye; it could even be something simple that you can easily clear up. Does not mean you will not get the final secret clearance, just means you’ll have to wait. And wait.

And wait some more.

They’ll want to do an interview with you. Hard to say when that might happen. But if you read the posts on these forums, you’ll see that everything is very, very slow.

@waitingpain

Four months is good to know where you are now…

Is you read my previous posts I have kept an accurate time line and so has Sub…

But if you don’t read the posts…

August 2016 - equip filed
November 2016 - credit pulled and employers contacted
February 2017 - interview with investigator
April 2017 - crickets and standing by to stand by…

Have you heard from either OPM or your POC on whether your investigation was officially “completed”?

Someone told me, if there is something not right about your security clearance application and if they plan to deny it, it will happen quickly. In another word, if the investigation last forever and they interviewed you, it is all about timing and most likely you will pass , is that correct assumption?
My record is super clean, not even a traffic ticket. However I had duel citizenship. My parents still live in another country but my sister is also a US citizenship. I have been waiting for over 11 months now and got layoff by my old job just last month. So I really need this to be cleared. And if there is a tiny doubt whether I will pass the security clearance, I will need to find another job.

From what I’ve personally seen, the remainder of the clearance can take quite a bit of time but it looks as if your investigation is moving pretty well.

If you dont mind me asking, what region of the states do you work/live in? I applied a month after you for the same clearance and havent received notice on anything. Im starting to think the regional resource pool has a large impact on these turnaround times.

Im originally from FL but have worked in 2 other states and the job is located in the north east so I can see this thing getting stretched pretty far

I’m not sure this is reliable info. They may inform you quickly if they are not going to grant an interim, but the wheels of investigation will need to grind away even for a denial.

Foreign contacts will slow things down but don’t mean a denial. As for looking for another job, that might be a good idea if you’re out of work… who knows how much longer it could drag on.

Your timeline is very similar to mine. I filed my EQIP for secret on August 8, verification/credit pulled September 15, then interim denied October 25. I just did my interview on April 12. I would say you’ve got a good wait until November at the earliest before anything else happens. Interim denial does not mean final clearance denial. For me, it was because of a dual citizenship. At this point you just have to wait for the investigator to contact you.