At what point does IC clearance processing become a lost cause?

That seems awfully high, really hope that those of us so have been waiting with no progress get answers soon.

2 Likes

Any experience on whether this includes development programs? I know some of the folks I met when I went to suitability processing were being put into one of those programs.

I know right …?! I’m not sure knowing those approximate estimates helps with the waiting.

Just curious, were you assigned a hiring ambassador? If you don’t want to answer I totally understand. I’m just trying to see if they are assigning everyone to one.

1 Like

No worries, my person is referred to as a “recruiter”. I’m assuming that is the same as a hiring ambassador…?

No they are separate entities, interesting to note

2 Likes

maybe different agencies or different departments … ?

Thats a good point. My wife wants to go on vacation. I dare not go to say Mexico or something like that out the country having to pause my process in fear it never will get restarted again.
Same as change jobs. Just afraid to do anything that will make the process longer. I dont even bother my recruiter I MIGHT check in 4 or 5 months from now.
So Desk is right. Things like moving, changing jobs, promotions all imo will make the process longer So we really arent living our lives. Im sitting on about 150+ hours of vacation time I wont use. I know I can always do something within the USA but thats not the type of vacations we like to take. So worse case Ill have a nice fat last check whenever if ever I get the call.

1 Like

I feel your pain on the traveling situation, and I too am doing my best not to do anything that will make the process longer.

I’ve thought about Puerto Rico and other islands that are considered “domestic” travel not requiring a passport. That may be an option.

You should live your life. What happens if you end up getting dropped from the process without explanation? There are some folks reporting on other boards that made it through the clearance process and were dropped from the candidate pool while waiting on a position. I dont think that any foreign travel is going to add a significant amount time to your process, nor will taking a new job.

1 Like

Question. Is it highly possible to make it thru everything. Poly, background etc just to be told that the position you interviewed for is no longer available? That would hurt. Or do you think they’d fine something else within your field you could do or something they could train you up in to do?

I would imagine that finding candidates that make it thru the entire process is few and far in between and they wouldn’t want to waste said candidate or the money and time that went into processing them just to let them walk because the original position they interviewed for is no longer available.

Yes this happened to me. I was offered a position in another part of the country, which I denied. I had to go through the entire hiring process again.

U.S. Virgin Islands are a fantastic option if you want a tropical getaway!

2 Likes

10/2019 - Poly/Psych Scheduled

If this info helps anyone…

1 Like

Did you get cleared?

Hi,

Would you mind sharing if you ended up with the hiring agency that sent a hiring ambassador to talk to you?

Thank you.

Dude a year only? Be slightly more patient. I know people who have been processing for over 3 years. Just go about your day-to-day and if it comes it comes. I’m sure others will say the same. For me, the only monkey wrench it thru me was I was told that if I left the country for vacation or any other reason I had to call them to stop the process then when I returned call them to restart it. Not wanting to do anything to extend an already lengthy process I never went on vacation outside the US.

1 Like