Bi personal interview

@ayelpearson… If a person has lived in one geographical area their entire life (also employment, school)… one could assume that the investigators foot print that less difficult? And there would be NO need for multiple investigators?

For the most part yes, if you lived and worked in the same area for most of your life (or within the scope of the investigation) then only one investigator may handle the majority of your case. However if the investigator needed an employment record for a company that you worked at, and that record happens to be located at the company headquarters in a different state, then another investigator in that state would be needed to make attempts obtaining the record.

1 Like

Makes me wish I had never moved LOL

1 Like

@sideshowbob… then I shouldn’t have much to worry about then. Two separate positions, but for the same city government- Human Resources departments - so that should lighten the load in terms of foot print for the investigator.

@Rkf4ever… I’ve moved a couple of times in the last ten years, but it’s been in the same geographical area. Sans moving outside the city… but it’s literally 10 minutes outside.

1 Like

@sideshowbob… with all that being said, it’s crazy to think how easy in terms of footprint my investigation would be. I’ve literally lived in the same state my entire life, college, worked for the same city government for almost 13 years (two different positions), only been out of the country once… and NO foreign contacts.

In my ignorance… this should be cakewalk for any investigator it seems, but again, that’s probably my ignorance seeping through.

1 Like

My BI interview was face-to-face and I asked if I should bring my SF86 to the interview and he said yes. It really helped having all the information handy as we reviewed line by line. I even had extensive notes on my travels so when he looked at my passport to review my stamps, I was able to check them off on my notes too. Being organized help.

I was told my interview would last 2 hours, it took us a total of 5 to get through all the pages. He also let me ask questions, which was helpful.

1 Like

Not necessarily. I’m sure each agency has slightly different standards (the agency that the investigators work for) but even if only one geographical area is needing to be covered there still could be more than one investigator. Think of references that need to be interviewed, they are sometimes out if the area. Also, a lot of times with employment, the record is kept at headquarters which can be in a different state.

1 Like