Can I Get Re-Cleared After TS/SCI Suspension for Criminal Conviction?

A little over a decade ago I had TS/SCI+Poly clearance. I was arrested and convicted of a non-violent and non-drug related misdemeanor. My clearance was suspended and I quit the job before they officially fired me. I have been working unclassified work ever since. Now I would like to reapply for jobs that require a security clearance.

Can I still get re-cleared if there are no other red flags in the past 10 years? Any precedent for this?

I heard of a term called “loss of jurisdiction” when a person gets their clearance yanked and then they leave a job leaving no agency to then have the authority to re-adjudicate their clearance. Would I be in this situation and does “loss of jurisdiction” ever expire?

I’m sure an Incident Report went in JPAS when my incident happened. How long do Incident Reports remain and will they still be an issue over ten years later?

There are debarment periods for different conducts. It depends on what you did. It can be 5 years, then again it can be indefinite. Some of the indefinite debarments only apply to certain positions. There are some variables that have to be known.

1 Like

Can you explain these “debarment” periods? I would assume if a person is debarred that they would get some sort of written notice, correct?

Can anyone else chime in on my chances of getting re-cleared 10+ years after an incident?

Will the Incident Report still be in the system?

Does Loss of Jurisdiction ever expire?

1 Like

No, I am not going to try to explain every possible scenario and outcome and what position that applies to, that’s ridiculous. If you want to supply details of your situation then maybe people can supply some insight but based off the limited information you gave no one can tell you anything.

No. I am not going to supply details because even if I did all people on here will do is tell me “it depends” and to “be truthful” and the other typical responses without providing examples of similar experiences others have gone through. A link or insight about similar cases, which I tried to find but didn’t so I’m asking if others have those links, is all I need.

The fact is, being too truthful can hurt an applicant especially when the applicant gives extraneous information such as incidents outside of the seven or ten year window.

Also, please don’t reply if you aren’t going to answer all of my questions. My last two questions should be a standard answer. Either Incident Reports and Loss of Jurisdictions have a set expiration date or they don’t.

1 Like