Chances Of secret Clearance

So i’m currently in the process for a civilian position with DOD no drug use or criminal background or credit, but i did take a polygraph with CBP and failed, will that effect me in anyway or will DOD request my data from CBP? I’m still personally waiting for my report and submitted a request to FIOA, all i was told is unsuitable for position and i can reapply

According to the latest info (which is from a couple years ago), CBP has a very high failure rate on the polygraph. Chances are it will have no impact on a secret clearance with DoD.

1 Like

Yeah their rate of failure is high. Would love to know what standard they use and the metrics on if it reduced employee misconduct. I imagine corruption is the issue. Money, drugs, sex…all used as currency to cross borders. Trying to eliminate those more susceptible to those lures is likely the reason. I believe this requires reporting as a clearance was denied.

I hope so fingers crossed

No I was not denied a clearance thats incorrect

Sorry misunderstood. Was CBC an agency that does Polys first? If so, them saying “not suitable” is not a denial. You were not investigated. Many agencies conduct the polygraph last…in those cases it can be a denial.

Yes poly was done first, its alright we all make mistakes.