Changes Coming for Medical Bills on Credit Reports

Originally published at: Changes Coming for Medical Bills on Credit Reports | ClearanceJobs Blog

Historically, the credit bureaus have always included medical billing debts reported by creditors as being delinquent. These are usually reflected as a medical bill collection by whichever company the medical services use for their collection efforts. Oftentimes, the person for whom the credit report was run on is not even aware that they have a…

That would be great…
A collection agency bought the “debts” from a medical provider, for cents on the dollar.
They then try to enforce collection of these “debts” without verifying the accuracy of these debts.
They coerce you by sending collection letters and then by reporting you to the credit bureaus.

While you can dispute the debt claims, clearance holders have to report these facts to their customers, when they don’t even owe this so called debt.

That’s what happened to me and I had to report the collection activities, credit report, and prove that I didn’t owe that debt to multiple of my customers…

These collection agencies should be held liable for their fraudulent and possibly career impacting activities that they are conducting…

1 Like