Clearance Suspension Process

Hi, I got my Clearance reinstated today. I have contacted my Senator three weeks ago and he sent an inquiry to DoD about my clearance.

1 Like

@wullah Thatā€™s great! Gives me hope to hear something soon. Did you get your TS or just your S?

1 Like

What did you say in the letter? I am considering this option currently as im having issues with a suspension going on 1 year due.

Hi marko, ive been reading for a while now and hoping my suspension would finally be processed. bit of backround, NOV17 NCIS accused me of theft and sale of government property over a fb sale post of legally owned and acquired property with the receipts to back it up. my case sat with JAG until it came to the top of the pile and they determined I was innocent. Everything was wrapped up and the preliminary inquiry results and action along with JAG findings were sent to DODCAF in JUL18. Its now been 6 months there. Is there anyway to push them to make a decision or review?My command security officer isnā€™t the best help. Iā€™m pretty sure all he does is look at JPAS. Im active navy and currently deployed unable to do part of my job as a result and its impacting me. If I do not resume my full duties by JUN19 I must return to school to get recurrent because im a flyer which is very costly to the government. Do you have any advice? im currently considering sending a letter to my Representative and would like to know all further options.

Your chain of command is the best place to start. If 1st line supervisor is not helping, go one up. Commanders have full authority to call for reviews and get action.

Why do security clearance panels have the authority to overrule a DOHA administrative judge in security clearances? Has a DoD security panel ever overruled a DOHA judge to restore someoneā€™s clearance when the judge recommended revocation? If a faceless panel can overrule the administrative judge, then what is the point of having a hearing in the first place?
My clearance was suspended and ultimately revoked. I was accused of deliberately using countermeasures on a polygraph, which I was not and tried to explain, but the polygrapher refused to listen. The clearance was suspended after I left that agency to go to another one that did not require polygraphs. DoD CAF said that my issued could never be mitigated and I had to appeal to a DOHA judge. That judge determined that I was not deliberately using countermeasures and recommended my clearance be restored. However, a DoD security panel got the final say and revoked my clearance, stating that they agreed with the judge in revoking my clearance. They would claim a ā€˜typo.ā€™

does that mean he could potentially send it to the top and get it reviewed immediately?
if so is there somewhere that i can reference this? knowing my CO he would want to see it in writing before he called

There is no specific reference other than DoDM 5200.02 in which 9.4.i states suspensions should not exceed 180 days. Any good commander will conduct follow ups to get the status resolved one way or another.

Curious about what happens if your clearance is suspended, but you decide to resign/retire before the review process begins. Will the clearance remain in a suspended status forever, or will it eventually be revoked? Further, if I apply for another position which requires a clearance and I am asked if I have ever had a clearance revoked, can I truthfully answer ā€œnoā€? My clearance was suspended (not a DoD clearance, however), but after 28 years in the industry I decided to just retire and move onto something else. Now I find myself wanting to get back into the intelligence business. Any thoughts?

You do not need a letter really. I contacted my Senator and they asked me to fill a privacy form and provide the name of the agency adjudicating my clearance. Iā€™d call the office and explain to them the issue.

The security clearance application (SCA) question for past investigations also asks if your have every had your clearance suspended or revoked. You will have to report the clearance suspension.

I am an Air Reserve Technician- Iā€™m a reservist and do the same job during the week as a civilian employee- I was accused of something, investigated, and then nothing. The incident was reported in JPAS 7 months AFTER the investigation was concluded. I was given the wrong reason why my ā€œclearance was being suspendedā€ by my commander. (The JPAS entry didnā€™t match the reason given AT ALL) Then 240 days AFTER that my SIF was closed unfavorably. My commander now says since my ā€œclearance was suspendedā€ heā€™s denying my reenlistment. My investigation has been in adjudication since May.
Iā€™m told my ā€œclearanceā€ isnā€™t suspended, only the CAF can do that, just my access to sensitive information is suspended by my commander, which can be reinstated by him at any time while the CAF continues to adjudicate the incident.

At what point should I contact my congressman? I appealed my reenlistment denial, but I could run out of time before my clearance is adjudicated.

I would write your congressman now, if not done so already.

Contact them ASAP. Usually, it takes about 30 days for a senator to hear a response from DoD CAF.

Thank you.
I did that. Iā€™m still waiting the response

"This is to confirm you are placed on suspension status with xxxxxx . due to a suspended clearance with our customerā€¦The suspension is indefinite at this time?

This is all I have in the letter of suspension. I have no idea what happened, Iā€™ve been with this company for over a year and been promoted 3 times. Suddenly my boss called in with HR rep presence, and announced this bad news. I made some research and found there is nothing much I can do at this stage.

Could you share the main and typical reasons which cause suspension? Thanks much.

was recently re-instated following a 22 month long suspension after getting red flagged on my 10 year Secret Clearance SF-86 renewal. after waiting it out for what felt like forever i finally got the phone call to return to duty with my clearance fully adjudicated. Great news but now i am trying to look into possible back pay and time in rate restoration, and am hitting a brick wall. Do you know if there is some kind of pathway to get retro-pay or should I just be happy to be back to work?

Hi Marko,

My letter of suspension does not provide the reason. ā€œThis is to confirm you are placed on suspension status with (name of company) due to a suspended clearance with our customerā€¦We will notify you of your ongoing status as soon as possibleā€

Does that mean they violate the suspension guideline? There is no ā€œbrief statement of the reason for the suspensionā€.

Thank you for your advice.

Your Company FSO needs to make inquiries as to why the clearance was suspended. There has to be a reason for them to take that action. In fact,it probably something has to do with withcurrent employment unless you were arrested and charged recently.

Thanks much Marko. I will request them to make inquiry. Many of my teammates were laid off, but my case is different.