DCSA Guidance Interviews

CACI has made it clear (as far as I can tell) for a while now (I can’t remember the exact date, but it was way before the 1-17-23 updates), as long as the County is not “High” COVID, the only reasons for sources to qualify for a phone interview are if they “cannot or will not” meet in person. No “I’d prefer to do it by phone”…It has made for a lot of time driving around for one interview.

1 Like

You’ve just said everything I’ve been thinking. Generation X and Boomers are the only ones keeping this industry afloat. Millennials and Gen Z will not stand for this kind of treatment. This industry is a joke. Post Covid-19 is different time and the DCSA powers that be are acting completely obliviously to it.

3 Likes

I find it hard to believe CACI/Peraton, etc. can even find new and/or younger employees. I’ve been doing this job for almost 20 years and there is no way in heck I would accept the job now as a new hire with how ridiculous the position has gotten. Once all the Boomers and Gen X leave, the industry will be all but dead, as there’s already high turnover.

1 Like

I make people tell me verbatim on the phone I am refusing to meet with you in person because: As in I had an O-3 the other day that said “I’m busy on base”, I was like sir we have base access and I can drop in just about whenever to see you and he said no I can’t so I said I want to confirm you are refusing to meet with me in person because you’re too busy at work correct? He said yes and it got me re-opened because my I-Note didn’t “stress the importance of meeting in-person enough”.

2 Likes

in the Peraton investigator handbook, neighbors should be done via telephone. Since they have not deleted that information from the guidance, I complete the neighbors testimony via telephone.

1 Like

I am sure Quality Assurance will be calling you shortly to inform you they will be sampling 5 of your most recent cases because of your blatant disregard for policies and procedures. Next comes your termination or forced resignation.

3 Likes

A new Peraton coverage guide just came out 2 weeks ago. I would be surprised if that guidance is still in there…

1 Like

And next $2000.00 per month unemployment (even if you get fired). I have a friend who was fired and has been on unemployment for 2 years. Save your documentation.

This is the way I lived in the field for 16 years. Those that started after COVID are the ones with the rude awakening.

2 Likes

Agreed. A bunch of whiney millennials that cannot handle in person field work again.

2 Likes

The truth is, that most sources are now getting back to in-person activities and most will meet in-person. Not ALL, but most. We have to adapt to the market. The post-COVID world is starting to get back to normal. It will never be back to what it was before COVID but it is partially getting there. Investigator convenience has never been a valid reason for phone interviews. Investigators on this forum seem to be divided in two camps: 1. I want to do everything by phone just because I want to. 2. I want everything to go back to in-person like the old days. Regardless of what we want, we have to follow the guidance, and the guidance is strongly indicating to do sources in-person. If we are being honest, most sources will meet in-person (not ALL, but most).

3 Likes

I work with a fewer boomer investigators that will do anything and everything by phone. If the ESI or TESI could still be done by phone they would never leave their house. I’m of the boomer generation and I’m ok with in person. In fact, I was happy with the return to the field. The guidance isn’t really complicated. Either the source is interviewed by phone or in person. Just make sure you have a good i-note. So stop with the broad stereotype that it’s only millennials that don’t want to the field.

1 Like

Typical Boomer response the way it was is best and I can’t learn new things or adapt. I suffered and so should you. Lazy kids don’t want to work nowadays. Look at me, I turned out great.

Work smarter, not harder. You are NOT valued in this industry. No one cares about your shiny badge. From an agency that sounds made up. You are $$$ to greedy companies. Feds at least you have some perks so I’ll give you that.

Believe it or not but a mass exodus is already happening. Prepare yourself for huge backlogs. Just wait.

Start my new job in less than 2 weeks and it can’t come soon enough. I’ll be enjoying working remotely for double my current salary with great benefits. Not a brag (well, kinda) but more encouragement for those of you feeling stuck that there are options. INSANELY better options.

Good luck!!!

I’ve been doing this job for nearly eight years and for the past couple of years a large portion of the job was done via the telephone. I get some portions of the job might need to be done in person but I can honestly say I saw no difference between interviewing a source in person or conducting it over the phone.

3 Likes

I feel sad for anyone who has done this job for 16 years, no wonder they are starting online flame wars with strangers in their free time.

1 Like

We aren’t whiny. We just like to work smarter, not harder and we like to get paid for what we’re worth. Conducting majority of the interviews over the phone makes logical sense. I can guarantee no one on this forum enjoys driving an hour to interview Ms. Daisy that worked with Subject in 2018 and ends up not providing necessary coverage. We are literally reading line by line from a piece of paper. If someone wants to lie about anything, they’ll do it whether it’s in person or over the phone.

9 Likes

I had 16 years in the field and another 3 in IA. No flame war just it’s logical that someone hired in 2020 let’s say is going to have a rude awakening. But, I’m a has been who has retired from the work force.

3 Likes

I agree…it will be a very rude awakening for investigators hired after 2020. I am willing to bet some will resign. Especially if they were told it was a mainly a remote position.

Truth never hurts. I could be old. I guess it depends on your age in comparison to mine. A 10 year old may consider you old. I guess what bothers me more is if you switched out your bias for ageism for gender or skin color, there would be a bigger backlash. Do you have a broad brush for those categories as well or just for age?

2 Likes

Hey Youmeanme12, what work are you doing (generally speaking) for double your old pay?

I just spent half an hour typing up every stamp in Subject’s passports for no reason of adjudicative significance - all travel for tourism to friendly countries. She likes to travel so she’s on the road four times a year. But the customer wants all passport travel reported.

Waste of time.

4 Likes