DCSA Wage Determination

In terms of being an Independent Contractor, if an item is RT/UCed (but all reasonable efforts made and documented in notes) is that still a billable item?

TIA

Peraton pays half for an RT/UC.

1 Like

No Peraton actually pays $15.00 for an RT/UC which is less than a quarter of what is paid for a source interview for IC’s. In most cases, unsuccessful leads take more time and effort than actually reviewing the record and conducting the source interview. Peraton needs to get it together and pay at least $40.00 to $60.00 for unsuccessful write offs to IC’s for the efforts involved. If contractors and hourlies knew what kind of money and profits these companies make from these federal background investigations off the backs of the Investigators hard work and effort, you’d be astounded and pissed off.

5 Likes

Circling back on this to see if anyone working for a contractor is a level iv investigator? I don’t mean the internal 1-6 peraton/caci designations but the new DCSA levels 1-4 classifications with the wage determination? Reading through the descriptions and it seems like there is no real difference between 3 and 4 besides pay.

I am very familiar with how to do my job correctly. But thank you for chiming in with your overwork.